Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Any basketball fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any basketball fans?

Who do you think is going to the finals this year?

My final four:

East
    Magic vs. Celtics

West:
    Lakers vs. Nuggets

Finals: Magic vs. Lakers

Magic come out on top.
    http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
    seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Re: Any basketball fans?

I doubt the Nuggets make the west finals. I just don't see them beating the Hornets or Spurs in 7.

I just don't think the Magic have the moxy for a championship. Howard is a beast, but Hedo and Rashard Lewis just don't seem like championship starters to me.
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Cleveland or Boston in the East

Lakers or San Antonio in the West.

Gopher Mens Hoops..not as good as their 16-2 record, but still better than most people expected. They'll make the NCAA's but will not win the Big 10.

2009-10 however, lookout. If everyone remains eligible, they could win the Big 10 as they have an awesome recruiting class coming in.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

the Nuggets have been great since they got Mr. Big Shot Billups. I can definitely see them at least making it to the western conference finals.

Comment

Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown View Post
          the Nuggets have been great since they got Mr. Big Shot Billups. I can definitely see them at least making it to the western conference finals.
          Yeah, but that means that JR Smith is going to have to guard Kobe Bryant or Manu Ginobli. That's their undoing.

Comment

yeah thats not happening, and how can you say the cavs arent gonna make at least the ECC. I think the cavs and lakers would be an amazing finals.
            Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
              yeah thats not happening, and how can you say the cavs arent gonna make at least the ECC. I think the cavs and lakers would be an amazing finals.
              it would be exciting, but that's only if the cavs don't get sweeped like the usually do. then again they have been doing progressively better in the post season with each year, so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

So what's everybody's favorite teams? Personally I like the Pistons and they need to get their shit together pronto.

Comment

warriors. Im a bay guy, and i have to stick by my team.

Comment

yes I'm a Timberwolves fan..they suck, I know..but the good news is, soon either McHale (McFail) will either succeed as a coach, or get fired.
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
                      warriors. Im a bay guy, and i have to stick by my team.
                      I like the warriors too, they're exciting to watch, I just wish they were better, haha. There's a bunch of teams I like, the pistons are just my favorite. I like the Suns, Warriors, and the Heat too.

Comment

cleveland has been swept ONCE in the past decade, and that was in the finals. by my account they are 5-3 in playoff series since lebron has been around. not sure where you're getting that they get swept all the time.

and why can't rashard lewis and hedo turkoglu be starters on a championship team? certainly, neither can be your best player if you're going to win, but if you have a potential MVP at center, a potential all-star at PG, and a tough bench then you have a pretty good shot at a title. that being said, i don't think orlando is getting there. howard has a long ways to go before he can carry a team to a title, and that bench is thin, and jameer nelson will have to get some playoff experience before i really believe in him. rashard and hedo are the ones with the experience, and the ones with who know their roles and just how good they need to be to win.

this is the lakers' year though. actually, i think the next few years belong to the lakers. they are a team with a considerable talent advantage over everyone.
                        Originally posted by vsd
                        ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

I was over exaggerating, I love the Cavs and I hope they make it to the finals, but I just don't think it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
                            cleveland has been swept ONCE in the past decade, and that was in the finals. by my account they are 5-3 in playoff series since lebron has been around. not sure where you're getting that they get swept all the time.

and why can't rashard lewis and hedo turkoglu be starters on a championship team? certainly, neither can be your best player if you're going to win, but if you have a potential MVP at center, a potential all-star at PG, and a tough bench then you have a pretty good shot at a title. that being said, i don't think orlando is getting there. howard has a long ways to go before he can carry a team to a title, and that bench is thin, and jameer nelson will have to get some playoff experience before i really believe in him. rashard and hedo are the ones with the experience, and the ones with who know their roles and just how good they need to be to win.

this is the lakers' year though. actually, i think the next few years belong to the lakers. they are a team with a considerable talent advantage over everyone.

Comment

I'm all about the Hornets.

Comment

Working...
                              X