Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Coachella 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coachella 2009

All confirmed and rumored Coachella artists (according to LAist) below...

Confirmed Artists: the Airborne Toxic Event, the Bug, Buraka Som Sistema, Crystal Castles, Drop The Lime, Fleet Foxes, Flying Lotus, Girl Talk, the Hold Steady, the Killers, No Age, Noah and the Whale, Late of the Pier, Los Campesinos!, Peanut Butter Wolf, the Presets, Sébastien Tellier, Themselves, Tinariwen

Confirmed DJs: DJ Gina Turner, DJ Hipnotic Starr, DJ Luis Segura, DJmorales, DJ Zegon

Rumored Artists: Animal Collective, Basement Jaxx, the Black Keys, Black Lips, Blur, Britney Spears, the Comedians of Comedy, Four Tet, the Gaslight Anthem, Glasvegas, Gui Boratto, Gus Black, Heartless Bastards, Far, José González, Keane, KONGCRETE, Mexican Institute of Sound, Monotonix, Morrissey, Mr. Lif, N.A.S.A., Neil Young, OutKast, Plump DJs, the Pretenders, the Prodigy, the Replacements, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Roni Size Reprazent, the Smiths, the Thermals, Turbonegro, We Are Scientists, White Lies, the White Stripes]

i'm going. Is anyone else?

Re: Coachella 2009

SHIT! FAR??? Outkast! I'm not sure if I'll go, I need to see the rest of the lineup. So far those are the only 2 I'm interested in yet...

My Skydrive:https://cid-efc3e98cdde49c31.skydriv....com/home.aspx

Comment

Local Natives should get on the bill..they're from the area and their debut album comes out this year. This is supposed to be the year they finally make a splash; Coachella would be a great springboard for that.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Man, in my opinion this festival has gone downhill. I went in 2006 and 2007, and 2007 blew my face off. I almost went to '08 and it fell through because no one wanted to go and i wasn't too disspointed that i couldnt make it. And this lineup so far is nothing spectacular. Not enough to spend 750 dollars and drive for 8 hours.
        Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

i've been going for years, see no reason to stop now . . . but the lineup really doesn't have me sold . . . yet . . .
          Originally posted by kata rokkar
          Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Four Tet and Far would be the only reason i'd go to that....

and....i wouldn't go to that for them. so. eh
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Glasvegas
              Oh dear.
              (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

i mean seriously, going to these things is a gigantic expense.

I heard a rumor that because of the financial status on everything right now that they arent going to put forward money to bring together a "reunion" like they like to do so much, or to bring in huge talent like Bowie, or Prince or anything spectacular.

I mean, id settle for a My Morning Jacket, Red hot chili peppers, and Muse headliner show. That would be spectacular maybe with some really great bands thrown in there. Portugal the man, Minus the bear, Band of horses, aereogramme, this will destroy you, ben folds, kings of leon, queens of the stone age, the mars volta, or mogwai.

Seriously, ANY of those above bands, just two of them and i'd be down to go. But its turned into this indie/folk/electronica festival, but nothing exciting enough to drop that much skrill.

Comment

i talked to Shaun Lopez (guitarist of Far) and he said that their management is talking with the Coachella people. He said it was kind of unlikely at first because they were still in the "hot little pony" stages but ever since the song blew up, the talks have been getting serious. (crosses fingers)

Comment

thats exactly what im talking about... that song is luring goldenvoice. A disgrace.

Comment

i just want to see themselves and far. two acts i've been waiting my entire adult life to see. hopefully they tour.
                      Originally posted by vsd
                      ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Comment

pretty solid . . . no far though . . .

i was hoping for bowie & the mars volta too . . . oh well. if i can afford it, i'll be there.

Comment

i got my band of horses, but i dont think its enough for me to attend. I would say thats better than last years.

Headliners can suck a nut tho.

Comment

i'm a sucker for the cure . . . and i can't pass up the chance to see mccartney but the killers? i'll be watchin' tvotr close the outdoor stage, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X