Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Water & Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danfury
    replied
    Re: Water & Bodies

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
    is it that they can't play those songs without him as in they are not able or they just do not want to?
    doesn't feel right, doesn't sound right. they could do it if they changed things, but why do that? doing something else feels right to them for now.

i believe that all 5 of them know that Kaddisfly doesn't feel finished. and so does anyone who has really been a fan of their music and message.

i'm looking forward to Horses Galloping just as much as anyone.

Leave a comment:

• sangreal314
    replied

is it that they can't play those songs without him as in they are not able or they just do not want to?

Leave a comment:

• cribble
    replied

Make a power ballad plzthx.

cribble added 7 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

A christmas power-ballad.

Leave a comment:

• danfury
    replied

Originally posted by hungover View Post
    plus water & bawdies wont be playing any kfly material thus it is not kfly!
    haha true dat, double true!

Leave a comment:

• hungover
    replied

plus water & bawdies wont be playing any kfly material thus it is not kfly!

Leave a comment:

• sangreal314
    replied

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
    i sometimes agree with this.

one instance of disagreement would be when the singer leaves (is tossed out of) the band.

the singer is the voice of the band, and regardless of whether or not the band continues in the same direction musically, the voice is different, and therefore, to me, a different band.

i'm looking at you alice in chains...

i disagree about aic. it is jerry's band. always has been. he wrote most of the songs that layne sang. so i have no problem with them keeping the name. i do have a little bit of a problem with trying to find a layne sound-alike though. i don't really understand why kaddisfly are doing what they are doing. bassists leaves so you totally quit on something you have been working on for years and 3 albums? i guess they don't want to continue without him, which doesn't make sense to me, but it doesn't have to i guess. they can do whatever they want and i will continue to support them. as long as it doesn't suck.
    Last edited by sangreal314; December 23, 2008, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• evasivetear
    replied

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post

I just hate it when one member of the band leaves and they change the name of the band... unless your going to go in a completely different direction i dont understand why you would change your name. Bands change direction and keep their name all the time...
    i sometimes agree with this.

one instance of disagreement would be when the singer leaves (is tossed out of) the band.

the singer is the voice of the band, and regardless of whether or not the band continues in the same direction musically, the voice is different, and therefore, to me, a different band.

i'm looking at you alice in chains...

Leave a comment:

• Sittingsideways
    replied

Originally posted by danfury View Post
    i hope everyone eventually understands this: Kaddisfly did not change their name OR break-up. Kaddisfly still exists as Kaddisfly, but they are currently an inactive band. they are not on a record label.

4 members of Kaddisfly have started a whole new band. The music and direction is different enough that this is an appropriate action.

so, there that is.
    thank you.

unfortunately i dont have enough time in my popular life to paruse around this board and get all the info. Im glad they have not disbanded, because besides the main video up on "water & bodies" website, i didnt really like them much. I just know i'll enjoy kaddisfly alot more.The video up did kick ass tho, Its good they are still writing music and being creative.

I just hate it when one member of the band leaves and they change the name of the band... unless your going to go in a completely different direction i dont understand why you would change your name. Bands change direction and keep their name all the time...

I guess i already have enough bands to keep track of, i dont need to have the same frickin members start another one and have them sound sort of similar.

Its like zach de la rocha starting a new band and sounding the exact same, but playing horrible key chords.
    Last edited by Sittingsideways; December 23, 2008, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sangreal314
    replied

i liked this a lot more than i liked johnny smokes cigarettes. i don't know maybe it was just the shock of it. but i was worried there for a minute. now my worries are gone. this is going to be good.

Leave a comment:

• cribble
    replied

DAN FURY +1

Leave a comment:

• Starving Artist
    replied

Dan Fury everybody. Here to set us feeble minded bitches straight. Thanks for the info.
    I'm glad to know that Kaddisfly has yet to be disbanded. And unfortunatly I doubt I'll make it up for the show. I just saw that it's on a Sunday. I would have to head up Saturday or early Sunday then haul ass back home. I doubt I can do that. Then there's the whole 21+ problem. Oh well...

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

Makes sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• danfury
    replied

why did they feel it necessary that they change their name?

sorry if this has been discussed in a separate thread... possibly "Kaddisfly" thread. lol.

My friend says possibly a record contract thing, but i doubt it. I mean i understand if a couple people leave and their whole sound changes, and i know the bass is such an important part of music and especially in kaddisfly but they struggled for so long to get where they were (and mind you wasnt that far) why would they start all over again?
    i hope everyone eventually understands this: Kaddisfly did not change their name OR break-up. Kaddisfly still exists as Kaddisfly, but they are currently an inactive band. they are not on a record label.

4 members of Kaddisfly have started a whole new band. The music and direction is different enough that this is an appropriate action.

so, there that is.

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

Is this a rattlesnake which I see before me, the Beefeater toward my Goth? Come, let me pour Jello over thee.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

why did they feel it necessary that they change their name?

sorry if this has been discussed in a separate thread... possibly "Kaddisfly" thread. lol.

My friend says possibly a record contract thing, but i doubt it. I mean i understand if a couple people leave and their whole sound changes, and i know the bass is such an important part of music and especially in kaddisfly but they struggled for so long to get where they were (and mind you wasnt that far) why would they start all over again?
    I heard it was because an ant-semitic gremlin stole the name from under a 1973 yearbook from Mesa Blanca High School in a feeble attempt to topple the "yiddish empire of filth."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X