Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Really Cool Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Cool Idea

Just read a bulletin from Murder By Death on my space about preorder for a new 7" record they are releasing. In a series of 6 they are having one of the bands they have toured with cover on of their songs and in turn covering one of that band/artist's songs themselves. That is a fucking cool idea, just thought I would mention it.
    sigpic
    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Re: Really Cool Idea

that is a sweet idea.

didn't manchester orchestra & annuals do something like that once?
    Originally posted by kata rokkar
    Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Yes they did. This was one of the ideas I've had in the back of my head for a while. Hopefully I'll actually see some success in the music world and make that dream come true.
      Originally posted by Gnomad
      Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
      Originally posted by noclevername
      stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Alkaline Trio and I want to say Hot Water Music also did something like this many years ago.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

oh, well, murder by death rules
          sigpic
          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

i 'd love it if more bands did things like this. that sense of community among artists needs to come back.

Comment

Thursday was working on a big collaboration song a few years back with a bunch of different bands providing their own parts to the song, but I'm not sure what happened to it.
              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

man, i saw them with thursday.....here's hoping they do one of the covers.
                http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

I'm sure Thursday will be one of the bands that covers a song. Would it still be a cover if they did a song that Geoff sang on the original?

Anyway, I get to see Murder By Death again! Woohoo!
                  I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                  I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                  A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                  To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by noclevername View Post
                    man, i saw them with thursday.....here's hoping they do one of the covers.
                    Was it during Thursdays summer '03 tour? If so, that was awesome. Definitely one of the best small shows I've ever seen (both of the bands), plus... it was before Thursday started playing theaters. The last time I saw Murder By Death was in July of 2004, I believe -- opening for Braid during their reunion tour. Both shows were great.
                    Last edited by Ooga; September 18, 2008, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X