Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Reign of Kindo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Reign of Kindo

Any into these guys?

I got into them via their previous band, which 4 of the members were apart of, called This Day and Age, which I loved. But this new adventure is something totally different, and I really enjoy it. It's a bit jazzy and has some poppy (oh no!) elements in it. You can check em out at http://www.myspace.com/thereignofkindo , as their full length album is coming out soon, and it is even better then their EP they had put out, ever so quickly, a little while ago.

I'm not sure if many of those who come here would get into these guys, but I thought I'd ask, just to see.
    - Jon

----------------------------------------
    Originally posted by gderd
    dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music

Re: The Reign of Kindo

yeah I saw their name on the Kaddisfly forum a few days ago and like a lot of what I've heard so far. Sort of a mix of modern pop/rock with a jazz element..piano and what not.

Still waiting on the chance to hear the whole record as my mp3 player is not being nice to me at home (it loaded 5 tracks and then shut down).

some clown in AP magazine gave it 1/5 stars tho..lol
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

yea, i read that review, it was pretty funny, the reviewer obviously didn't understand what he was putting into his cd player/mp3 player.

even if one doesn't "like" it, there are alot of positives that can be said about it. i hate people who really can't have an open mind (ear) to music
      - Jon

dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music

Comment

listening to some of this today..I'm a little unsure how much replay value their style has..it feels so jazz-pop to me..and the cymbals are clipping which often kills music for me. I guess they remind me a bit of One Republic or Aviatic with some jazz elements, but for some reason the vocal melodies aren't as good.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

hmmm, maybe it's the rip causing that...i dunno, i don't have that problem.

as far as 'replay' value, I agree, as I don't see them as a top hit maker at all, it's more of a mood music, like sigur ros (but no where near as talented), for me anyways
          - Jon

Comment

ok..I will eat a bit of crow here and admit to REALLY digging these guys now. the drummer is incredible..the cymbal work is really technical and yet accurate as hell.

I'm pretty addicted to this album. I'd love to see them live now.
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

New video up for 'Nice to meet you' !! Comment, rate it, like it, hate it
              Current mood: ninja
              CD "Rhythm, Chord, and Melody" available at http://www.candyrat.comAmazon.comhttp://www.amazon.com/The-Reign-Of-Kindo/dp/B000YMT6B8ituneshttp://itunes.apple....

New CD out in June
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Joe Secchiaroli from The Reign of Kindo

On July 13th, you will be able to purchase "this is what happens" (our upcoming lp) at various Internet retail outlets including iTunes, amazon.com and candyrat.com (our label).

There will most certainly be physical copies available at candyrat.com.
                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

released on August 3rd.

1. Thrill of the Fall
                  2. Now We’ve Made Our Ascent
                  3. Symptom of a Stumbling
                  4. Bullets in the Air
                  5. Flowers by the Moon
                  6. Nightingale
                  7. Blistered Hands
                  8. Out of Sight, Out of Mind
                  9. Comfort in the Orchestration
                  10. City Lights & Traffic Sounds
                  11. Battling the Years
                  12. Soon It Shall Be
                  13. Psalm
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by The Reign of Kindo Twitter
                    guys and gals! sorry for taking so long but we FINALLY posted a new song (Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind) on our... http://fb.me/t3ULvUw2
                    the new song is tremendous.
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Anybody else disapointed with the new album? I was hoping they would veer more toward the prog side than the jazz side, but alas... It doesn't seem to nearly carry the emotional weight of the last album and comes off as kinda... I dunno, boring and a touch lifeless.

Comment

new album coming in February/March
                        Our new album, 'Play With Fire', is going to be released February/March. WE PROMISE!!!!! That might seem a bit later than you guys want, and we apologize that it's been taking so long. We don't,...

Our new album, 'Play With Fire', is going to be released February/March. WE PROMISE!!!!! That might seem a bit latr than you guys want, and we apologize that it's been taking so long. We don't, however, feel bad. The fact of the matter is, the music we make with each other is of the utmost importance to us. It is part
                        of what we'll leave behind on this earth forever, and we've come to realize that there are people out there relating to, enjoying and even being deeply affected by what we create as Kindo. That is something that sinks in a little more everyday, and it is one of the most precious blessings that any of us have in our lives. This album is among the most exciting things I have ever, ever been a part of. There was a night in my parents driveway a few years ago when I was listening to a mix of 'flowers by the moon'; a couple minutes into the song I was fighting tears as I thought about how grateful I was to be a part of this band. This album brought a similar moment. I let the tears come listening to an idea Danny brought to us...'Don't Haze Me'. I realized, without an arrogant or conceited bone in my body, that I was a part of something very special. We are our music, and having people to share it with is mind blowing. So we figured we'd do it right. And when guys have marriages, jobs, live in different cities and tour with other artists, things like making an album of a lifetime take a minute or two. If you're a fan of Kindo though... I can pretty confidently tell you that it's going to be worth the wait. -s

new song "Manwood/Basement" live. It gets pretty sweet around 3 minutes in.

Last edited by SoundscapeMN; October 16, 2012, 09:35 PM.
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

new single "Feeling in the Night"
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

for sale:

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

new single "Sunshine"

"Sunshine" (New Single) available at http://www.candyrat.com/artists/ReignofKindo/itunes - http://bit.ly/11JcZoxamazon - http://amzn.com/B00DG1YQ3CVisit The ...
                            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Play With Fire can be downloaded for sale now:

Fan-Fucking-Tastic album. Maybe their best and an AotY contender.

The lyrics to "I Hate Music" are gold.
                              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X