Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

beatles, purple chick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beatles, purple chick

just in case any of you are beatles fans and have not heard about these remasters . . .

Originally posted by rolling stone
    The Beatles' albums came out on CD in 1987, but fans have long complained that the early digital technology used to remaster the recordings left them sounding hollow and thin — and that the official remasters are way overdue. That's where Purple Chick comes in — a secretive fan (or group of fans) who has been quietly remastering classic discs like Revolver and A Hard Day's Night, and releasing the digital files for free online. How is this possible? The Beatles' CDs sound so bad that carefully digitized tracks from pristine vinyl copies are noticeably better — with crisper highs, a fuller soundstage, and more realistic reproduction of instruments and voices. And the Purple Chick editions are superior to the originals in other ways, too: The Sgt. Pepper collection contains the original record in mono and stereo, and four discs' worth of studio outtakes; the White Album comes in a whopping twelve-disc version, including alternate takes, studio chatter, demos and fascinating jams. So how do you get this stuff? Google is your friend: Try searching "purple chick and megaupload" to get started.

more:
    Originally posted by kata rokkar
    Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Re: beatles, purple chick

This is new to me. I'm down...
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

No shit! I'm gonna check this out. Thanks a lot man. I grew up on Beatles on vinyl... I listened to a record player my parents gave me for years before I finally got a disc player (around 6 or 7 years old), and it was almost exclusively the Beatles and the Beach Boys playing around the clock.
      Originally posted by Gnomad
      I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
        No shit! I'm gonna check this out. Thanks a lot man. I grew up on Beatles on vinyl... I listened to a record player my parents gave me for years before I finally got a disc player (around 6 or 7 years old), and it was almost exclusively the Beatles and the Beach Boys playing around the clock.
        nice, my mom raised me on the beatles & hendrix. it's so good to revisit this great music that i haven't listened to in years . . .
        Originally posted by kata rokkar
        Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Definitely gonna have to check this out! Thanks for letting us know about it.
          Originally posted by Gnomad
          How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Working...
          X