Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Drift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Drift

Mentioned in a handful of threads but they need their own. Taped them opening for Mono a couple of Mono shows ago and they're amazing. Explosions in the Sky just invited them to play the All Tomorrow's Parties Festival in May and they will be doing some European touring based around that trip.

danny grody - guitar/keyboard
    jeff j. jacobs - trumpet/synth  
    safa shokrai - upright bass
    rich douthit - drums

www.myspace.com/trldrift  
    www.temporaryresidence.com (some mp3s I think)

PS - totally unrelated to this post but I remembered they are from San Francisco and well, that means they need to tour with dredg or something...

I think you mentioned them before, also when you mention TSJ5. Though this stuff sounds great now... i'm more into it now (PS - can i grab a show?).

Added after 1 minutes:

No fucking way, four tet did some remixes for them.

*is even more intrigued...
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I imagine they are better live.
      sigpic
      We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
      happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

They're really cool about taping so I had them added to the LMA at archive.org

Here's that set opening for Mono (World's End Girlfriend) played after them. I still need to torrent the soundboard source, or hell, if I stop being lazy matrix the two. Sounds really nice IMO...

Comment

Thanks. Sounds lush indeed. Possibly one of my favourite recordings right now infact...
          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

wish i would have taped this band when i saw them open for mono back in 05 in SG great live sound!

Comment

Working...
            X