Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Purpose Jonah Matranga appreciation thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Purpose Jonah Matranga appreciation thread.

I think this may have been done before, but I just got done listening to some of his new stuff, and it blows me away, just like everything he's done since Far.  As far as I'm concerned, just about every band i listen to on a regular basis owes this man a debt of gratitude. (god, that came out awfully pun filled.) Feel free to post your favorite songs, albums, or stories of meeting him.

I will tell you that "Mother Mary" is one of the most underrated, overlooked songs of the century, and i will say it with no exaggeration at all.
    http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

(somebody read 'jonah's Ways To Help, And Why', v.1 article )

I seriously could go on forever about this guy. I've made myself look like an idiot in front of him countless amounts of time. Yet he still knows my name and answers my pms. Even after I royally screwed up a gig we were supposed to do in Dorchester (ugh) but wound up in Cambridge with a few of my comedian friends telling HIM how to run the show...as I look on with my head in my hands. Also, I was so nervous that I screwed up my comedy set in front of him and other Jonah music lovers. Regardless, he played an awesome set and thanked me (still don't know why).
    He's helped me with my father going to Iraq and made a very personal unique recording for my family to help cope with this unfortunate event. I can never thank him enough.
    I can't help but feel connected to Jonah's music. For over five years I've bought every record, gone to every concert I could, told everyone I know about him, and so on a so forth.

Another story...

A band called Mindfold opened for dredg a few yrs ago and they played an amazing cover of "Wear it So Well." Apparently all the members of dredg walked up to the band and thanked them for playing such an awesome song and how they were all Jonah fans.

I've posted a few songs on here so people can familiarize themselves with the magic that it Jonah Matranga. I also expect Scott to record one of his shows when Jonah decides to come the East coast again.

Breathless

Mother Mary (w/ Thursday)

So Long

Savory

A comment on the Savory cover. Jonah was singing most of that song on that latest deftones b-side album. This one is just him though

Comment

i don't really have any jonah stories, but i've been a huge fan of all of his projects and have seen him solo a couple of times.  seriously one of the most passionate performers i've ever seen, just incredible . . .
      Originally posted by kata rokkar
      Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar
        (somebody read 'jonah's Ways To Help, And Why', v.1 article )

Mother Mary (w/ Thursday)

Holy crap I was at that show and have been looking for a bootleg of this for years.  You da man!

Comment

Jonah is an amazing performer and  songwrite.  I remember that show in Cambridge (All Asia?) as being a good one.  I love how every show is unique with regards to the setlist and how the songs are played.  Probably my favorite singer of all time.  Jonah touring with Dredg would be a great combination.

Comment

Working...
          X