Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Jonah Matranga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonah Matranga

he's been in bands like Far, New End Original, onelinedrawing, and Gratitude. By far one of my favorite artists of all time. His band Far has influenced dredg a buttload.

Anyways, he's got a new record coming out called 'And' and here's the first song off the album.

Enjoy!

Jonah's stuff has always been a bit hit or miss with me. I like Far and Gratitude, but didn't care for most of what I heard from onelinedrawing. But I'll give this a listen later.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

nice!  it's about time for some new jonah!!
      Originally posted by kata rokkar
      Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

I still haven't torrented the live gratitude video I recorded in iowa city.
        sigpic
        We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
        happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness
          I still haven't torrented the live gratitude video I recorded in iowa city.
          why the hell not????  :cry:

Comment

lazy
            sigpic
            We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.

Comment

that's valid.

Comment

well grow some motivation God damn it!

Comment

I would have to dig it out.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would have to dig it out.
                    i think i have that somewhere in some stack of dvds! did i even tell you i got that dredg dv tape that got lost in the mail! it made it over a year after you sent it...

Comment

Really?  Fuck yeah.  Do you still have the other footage?
                      sigpic

Comment

Really?  Fuck yeah.  Do you still have the other footage?
                        i have a dvd with both angles+sbd... and the tapes are safe in a box of tapes in my storage... i can torrent that shit if you want?

Comment

Yes please.
                          sigpic

Comment

So it's saturday morning and I'm bored. I ran into Jonah's wikipedia. I need to track down that Frank Turner split.

Love the New End album, if anyone hasn't heard it you should check it out.

Solo Releases

* Jonah Sonz Matranga - Songs I Hope My Mom Will Like (1994)
                               * Jonah Matranga - Jonah's One-line Drawing (1998)
                               * onelinedrawing - Sketchy EP #1 (1999)
                               * onelinedrawing - Sketchy EP #2 (2000)
                               * onelinedrawing/Sense Field - Split EP (2000)
                               * onelinedrawing/Rival Schools - Rival Schools United by Onelinedrawing (2001)
                               * onelinedrawing - Always New Jan-Jun 2000 (online 2000, CD 2001)
                               * onelinedrawing - Always New Jul-Dec 2000 (online 2000, CD 2002)
                               * onelinedrawing - Always New 2001 (online 2001 only)
                               * onelinedrawing - Visitor (2002 Jade Tree)
                               * onelinedrawing - The Volunteers (2004 Jade Tree)
                               * Jonah Matranga - There's A Lot In Here (DVD) (2005)
                               * Jonah Matranga - Sketchy EP #3 (2005)
                               * Jonah Matranga / Frank Turner Split - Split 12 inch vinyl (2006)
                               * Jonah Matranga - The Three Sketchys (2006)
                               * Jonah Matranga - And (2007 Limekiln Records)

Band Releases

* Far - Sweat A River, Live No Lies (1991 Enharmonik Studios)
                               * Far - Listening Game (1992 Rusty Nail Records)
                               * Far - Quick (1994 Our Own Records)
                               * Far - Tin Cans With Strings To You (1996 Epic/Immortal)
                               * Far - Soon EP (1997 Epic/Immortal)
                               * Far - Water & Solutions (1998 Epic/Immortal)
                               * New End Original - Lukewarm single (2001 Jade Tree)
                               * New End Original - Thriller (2001 Jade Tree)
                               * Gratitude - Gratitude (2005 Atlantic)
                               * Gratitude - Drive Away single (2005 Atlantic)
                               * Gratitude - This Is The Part EP (written as This Is Th EP Art) (2005)

Comment

Originally posted by emptyzero
                              So it's saturday morning and I'm bored. I ran into Jonah's wikipedia. I need to track down that Frank Turner split.
                              VA-Jonah_Matranga_and_Frank_Turner-(Vinyl)-2006-RTB

you mean this?

Comment

Working...
                              X