Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Smashing pumpkins - Zeitgeist Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smashing pumpkins - Zeitgeist Leak

Full Album - http://www.sendspace.com/file/mkv3gs

"Death From Above" Best Buy Bonus track/Tarantula Single B-side (192 wma/kinda low quality) - http://www.sendspace.com/file/7p1btb

Added after 3 hours 28 minutes:

Well I like it at least anyway It's not as good as some of the best stuff from Machina IMO...better album as a whole, though. Like it better than the future embrace definitely (I do like that album too). Only thing about this album is some of the mixes are weird primarily the drums and or vocals of certain songs (the songs that were just produced by billy and jimmy). Not sure which version of the album I'll get; i'll have to hear the other 2 bonus tracks that'll be available first. I'm really digging the tracks "bleeding the orchid" "That's the way (my love is)" and "Bring The Light". good shit/end of rant  
    Christ as fast

Ew, see what you mean about a bad mix. Some of it is as bad as some of the Zwan mixes. Then again, this is a leak - things could change... and i hope they do.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by warofsound
      Not sure which version of the album I'll get; i'll have to hear the other 2 bonus tracks that'll be available first.
      If you're a completist, buy the CD at Target (title track as a bonus) and then buy the Tarantula single, which has "Death From Above" on it. iTunes is getting an exclusive track too, but fuck iTunes... besides it'll probably show up on a future single anyway.

Comment

no i just want one copy of the album but i want the what i consider to be the best bonus track on that copy. I never buy singles because i would just never listen to them (not really a collector). there are a couple other songs they've played live that are awesome and should be on some form of the album, but i suppose as long as they get released that will have to do. This album is kinda short by pumpkins standards (i know machina and adore were both in the 70 minutes area and of course MC&IS) so it's too bad there's not an ultimate version with all those bonus tracks on there. wishful thinking i suppose.... :roll:
        Christ as fast

Comment

If this "reunion" proves anything, it's that Billy Corgan never passes up a chance to make quite a bit of money.  I'm sure they'll all be rereleased as a special deluxe package eventually.

As far as the record goes, big disappointment for me.  The vocals are ESPECIALLY too loud, making it sound like Corgan has NO energy with too loud of a mic.
          Originally posted by Gnomad
          I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

i can understand something like the vocal mix making the album very difficult to listen to. perhaps because i'm not a vocalist it doesn't bother me as much as some(and really with the pumpkins it's always been more about the guitar work and drumming than anything else). I also find that i anticipate certain albums too much and am too accepting when something new comes out and i don't let myself be disappointed (the latest muse album i believed to be their best initially only to come to the opinion that i now hold of it being their worst). I don't believe this is the case with this album. I'm trying to listen to it and just accept it rather than write it off only to rediscover it several years down the road where it'll perhaps blow me away by that time's recording standards (this is all hypothetical - i may hate it by then :cry: lol). I think i just appreciate it's "rocking-ness" amidst all the other really "out-there" stuff i've been listening to in the mean time.  
            Christ as fast

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              If this "reunion" proves anything, it's that Billy Corgan never passes up a chance to make quite a bit of money.  I'm sure they'll all be rereleased as a special deluxe package eventually.

As far as the record goes, big disappointment for me.  The vocals are ESPECIALLY too loud, making it sound like Corgan has NO energy with too loud of a mic.
              tru dat

Added after 1 seconds:

Comment

Working...
              X