Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Karnivool (for Opus Dai, Apex Theory, Fair To Midland fans)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Karnivool (for Opus Dai, Apex Theory, Fair To Midland fans)

Naclash is amazing!
    Eidolon is great but sounds a little bit like birds of tokyo.

A.M War is meh, needs a few more listens i guess. It seems like Sky Machine will be the epic song on this new album.

Can't wait to hear the whole thing and it will be available in Australia this friday. Hope to see a link this weekend.
    Last edited by Royalboy; July 16, 2013, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Yeah, the first song they played sounded quite promising. The latter two didn't do a lot for me, kind of in keeping with my feelings on Sound Awake being a very mixed bag.

Unreal this hasn't leaked, as we're about 48 hours from it hitting the shelves in AUS. Seems to be a common theme with most releases I'm interested in these days.

Comment

Leaked last night. Streaming here: http://www.karnivool.com.au/listentoasymmetry

Really, really loving this, especially Aeons and Sky Machine.
        Originally posted by Gnomad
        I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
        do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

I hate to comment after so few listens, but my initial feeling is slight disappointment... The songs seem to either occupy a chaotic space with the heavy songs or a droning one with the mellower songs. no in-between.

I'm positive it will grow on me though.

Still leaps and bounds better that most stuff I've been hearing lately, it's just.. Sound Awake leaves such big shoes to fill imo.

Comment

Stopped arguing over music a while ago because what's the point? I love this new record. So good.
            Originally posted by Gnomad
            I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
            do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Sky Machine is song of the year for me.
              Last edited by Royalboy; August 22, 2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

The new album should be out next year..maybe the Summer based on chatting with Drew I believe his name was.
                designer Ralph Lauren Tracksuits outlet

Comment

Anyone else had this album grow on them immensely? When it first came out I wasn't that enthusiastic, but after listening some more and seeing them live a few weeks ago, I can't stop listening and love most of the songs on here. The craftsmanship on here is amazing and as a drummer I'm incredibly jealous of the great rhythms and variations Steve Judd plays

Comment

Same here, grew on me so that i really like most of it. The first few spins i had only like 4 songs (We are, Eidolon, Aeons, Skymachine) that i would listen to, now there are a couple of more like Alpha Omega, Float and The Refusal that joined them on my playlist. It still doesn't reach Sound Awake in my book, though.
                    Last edited by Morpheus; July 13, 2014, 10:26 AM.
                    We are all part of the problem

Comment

It's really a shame that this band has not toured north america since 2010. Asymmetry will be a year old soon and they have not said a word about a tour in North America.

Is Karnivool hardly known in the U.S? Birds of Tokyo has a huge U.S tour in the fall.

Comment

Saw them in Cologne in 2013 and it was a great show.

Comment

It seems like Karnivool is touring the U.S this spring!

There are two dates already in Texas in April.

Comment

Great!
                            I'm gonna see them here in Germany in March. Can't wait!

Comment

2 Songs from a Live Session:

Karnivool performing "Aeons"Captured live at Ghost City Recordings Studio AFilmed by Marius Roos, Philipp Roth & Benjamin RothEdited by Philipp Roth & Jan Ke...

Karnivool performing "Alpha Omega"Captured live at Ghost City Recordings Studio AFilmed by Marius Roos, Philipp Roth & Benjamin RothEdited by Benjamin Roth &...

Comment

I was really unimpressed when I first heard them years ago, but holy shit, this alpha omega video is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X