Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Rishloo[For Fans of Tool, A Perfect Circle, 32 Leaves]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rishloo[For Fans of Tool, A Perfect Circle, 32 Leaves]

If you haven't heard of them, imagine a mix between Tool and dredg. They actually credit dredg as an influence on their music.

They have a new CD, Eidolon coming out on June 2.

Sample it here:
    CD Baby - Independently distribute to Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Amazon, YouTube, TikTok, Pandora & more. Make money from your songs worldwide on 150+ trusted platforms.

"El Empe" and "To Tame the Temporal Shrew" are my favorites.

To quote some guy on OiNK, it's as if Tool's Undertow and Dredg's Catch Without Arms had a love child.

Used to be a thread about them on here, I think from a year ago, hah
    They sounded pretty good back then, and I can still remember one of the hooklines from the songs I heard back then.. The one where he sings "drink of the waater" or somesuch

Comment

Love this band. New album's great. I can upload both if people are interested.

Comment

Shigeru, if you could that would be great. I was sent a suggestion the other day by the Opus Dai guys about them and I liked the stuff on their myspace.  http://www.myspace.com/officialrishloo
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Hmm, I do not like how the guitars are recorded on one of the new songs...  actually it's prolly cos of the mp3 compression...

My Skydrive:https://cid-efc3e98cdde49c31.skydriv....com/home.aspx

Comment

Yeah, I found out about these guyg at the very back of the thread records here. They sound good, but they also sound EXACTLY like tool. At least from the songs I have they do.
            Originally posted by Gnomad
            Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
            Originally posted by noclevername
            stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Rishloo is very underrated. They have some of the best lyrics I've heard in a long time.

I love the breakdown on "Disco Biscuit" on their new CD, Eidolon. Sadly, they chose one of the weaker songs, "Freaks and Animals" to be the new single for Eidolon.

Recommended tracks: Blitz, Harliquin, Romance of a Dead Kingdom, and Fames.

Recommended Tracks: Pandora, To Tame the Temporal Shrew, Eidolon Alpha, Alchemy Alice.

Comment

wow these guys are pretty good.  good find.  and thanks for the uploads =)

Comment

Yeah dude gets really into to Maynard territory with his vocals but I still like these guys.  Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

some folks are claiming them to be a Tool-clone. I guess I hear similarities, but spotty. I mean I think a band like Portugal the Man to the Mars Volta or Abigail's Ghost to Porcupine Tree are more blatant porr man's-versions. They remind a fair amount of Opus Dai if anyone.
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

See, and I would have said fans of Tenacious D or Meat Loaf, check this out.

I can't help but picture the singer wearing a cloak and a cod piece, and maybe, just maybe, the guitarist would pull out a "flying v" lute.

Comment

hahahahaha

Yeah, I think the reason I didn't like "Freaks and Animals" was because it sounded too much like Jack Black's demon voice.

Comment

Freaks & Animals does sound like Jack Black. I don't really like Eidolon, but Terras Fames is pretty awesome.
                          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Re: Rishloo[For Fans of Tool, A Perfect Circle, 32 Leaves]

Just found out that these guys are planning on staying independent and also releasing a new album this summer!

Sorry Karnivool, 'Feathergun' is now my most anticipated album of the year.

Comment

Re: Rishloo[For Fans of Tool, A Perfect Circle, 32 Leaves]

New song "Downhill" is posted here:

kinda meh, hopefully album is better.

Comment

Working...
                              X