Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Rush - "Snakes And Arrows" leaked...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush - "Snakes And Arrows" leaked...

1. "Far Cry" - 5:21
    2. "Armor and Sword" - 6:36
    3. "Workin' Them Angels" - 4:47
    4. "The Larger Bowl (A Pantoum)" - 4:07
    5. "Spindrift" - 5:24
    6. "The Main Monkey Business" - 6:01
    7. "The Way The Wind Blows" - 6:28
    8. "Hope" - 2:02
    9. "Faithless" - 5:31
    10. "Bravest Face" - 5:12
    11. "Good News First" - 4:51
    12. "Malignant Narcissism" - 2:17
    13. "We Hold On" - 4:13

any fans?..their 1st album in 5 years..I am very curious to finally hear this.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Approaching it with a bit of trepidation because I thought the last one was utter shite!! To be fair, the production/mastering was utter shite so it was difficult to tell if the songs were any good.
    Is this leak the proper album? There are a couple of bogus ones doing the rounds..

Comment

yeah this is the genuine article..so far I've played about 1/3 of it and while there are a few moments here and there..maybe beyond the instrumental "Malignant Narcissism" which leaked a few weeks ago, the sound isn't too different from recent Rush. i hope the rest of it is more similar to their classic stuff in more ways than VAPOR TRAILS and some of the 90's albums.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

it's not bad. but it's not interesting enough for me to listen to probably more than twice.

Comment

Hmm.... I like classic rock, I used to listen to a TON of it but Geddy's voice always kind of got to me, I haven't heard anything beyond their early days until now though. This is pretty good I was kind of amazed to see that they had a new CD comming out that wasn't a Best Of type of thing.
          Originally posted by Gnomad
          Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
          Originally posted by noclevername
          stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

If I made a Snakes and Barrels joke would anyone get it?

Comment

thanks for the link! they're coming to shoreline, hopefully i'll be able to catch them this time around.
                Originally posted by FeebleFables
                There's never enough epic in the music world.

Comment

Re: Rush - "Snakes And Arrows" leaked...

I'm seeing them again a week from Thursday..but this news doesn't lift my spirits too much.

Their Original drummer, John Rutsey RIP

John Rutsey, a founding member of Toronto rock band Rush, passed away this weekend according to Rush management company Anthem Entertainment. He was 55.

Rutsey was famous for playing on Rush’s 1974 debut album, including the song “In The Mood,” before deciding to leave the group due to health concerns. Rutsey suffered from diabetes and was unable to go on extended tours with the group.

Rutsey was replaced by dummer Neil Peart, which marked a turning point in the band’s sound towards progressive rock.

Rush formed in 1968 in Toronto and was originally composed of guitarist Alex Lifeson, bassist Jeff Jones (who shortly thereafter was replaced by Geddy Lee) and Rutsey.

According to a 1989 interview with Alex Lifeson on the Rockline Radio program quoted by Wikipedia.org, Rutsey, “gave up playing (drums) shortly after he left the band and went into bodybuilding. He competed on an amateur level for a while, doing that for a few years.”

As of Monday afternoon, no official statement has been released on a cause of death, nor plans for a memorial service.

damn..I may have to pop on the s/t debut album tomorrow at work
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by freethinker0 View Post
                    If I made a Snakes and Barrels joke would anyone get it?
                    yes. brutal.

Comment

duncan hills coffee

i just watched the e[isode of trailer park boys feat.
                      Rush.

it was good

noclevername added 7 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

they were on the Colbert Report tonight..1st appearance on US Television in over 33 years.

the video of TOM SAWYER is here..the interview I imagine will be on youtube soon enough as much of it was hilarious.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

the cutting-them-off I believe was part of the bit as well.

edit:

"have you ever written a song so epic you were actually influenced by yourselves?"

""Hey Neil do you think you may have a drum dependency?"
                        Last edited by SoundscapeMN; July 17, 2008, 06:25 AM.
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by fuckyeahfinnegan View Post
                          yes. brutal.
                          That was the most brutal album ever.
                          sigpic
                          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                          happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Working...
                          X