Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

menomena/Ramona Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• menomena/Ramona Falls

i know i already posted this in the mighty ............... thread, but i figured i'd toss it out here for anyone not quite brave enough to go in there . . .

and i know they have a stupid name, but trust me, this record is brilliant . . .
    Originally posted by kata rokkar
    Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Great Album. I've been really addicted to it lately, especially "Air Aid" for some reason.
    DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

I heard them yesterday by accident and now I'm trying to download Friend And Fore ut also I Am The Fun... Sounds very interesting and worth listening.
      I'm a simple man. I like pretty dark-haired women and breakfast food.

Comment

I really like "Wet & Rushing" and "My my"!

Comment

I'm starting to like this band. I wonder why I haven't seen their name more often.
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

goofy ass band name
            - -- --- ----

Comment

Really gave this a few listens and I just can't get into it. Seemed to be a bit like Modest Mouse to me, which I'm really not a fan of...

...I wanted to like this band, just never really heard anything that kept my attention...
              Originally posted by Ars Sycro
              I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

By the End of Tonight is a better version of Menomena.  By far.

Comment

i'd never heard of them until i saw them live . . . they are an amazing live band.  3 guys, each playing multiple instruments, sometimes at the same time . . . very cool.

Comment

Re: menomena

I really love this band sometimes..I was reminded of that again this morning by playing these early demos I found on a blog. Anyone interested, and I'll pass along the link.
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

yeah, let's hear 'em!

Comment

try it

Menomena has interesting instrumentation, good percussion, and quite a knack for a melodic groove. This album predates I Am the Fun Blame Monster! and is as-of-yet unreleased. A good look at the early experimental formula that Menomena likes to play with: the choppy, surprising drums, liberal saxophone and keyboard use, and lots of shifts in dynamics and mood. There are also very melodic instrumental tracks, alternate live versions of "Cough Coughing" and "Twenty-Cell Revolt" from IAtFBM!, and some very unexpected sounds from them ass well (see: "Sista Social Theme." It's a happy song, to say the least.).

Recommended tracks: "The Ladder" , "Let's All Unite!" , "Posh Isolation"
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I loved friend or foe, and recently got into I Am The Fun Blame Monster, and boy, I fucking love Menomena now.
                          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown View Post
                            I loved friend or foe, and recently got into I Am The Fun Blame Monster, and boy, I fucking love Menomena now.
                            go see them. you'll love 'em even harder.

thanks soundscapester!

Comment

My friend introduced me to them way back, actually just the CD cover and that tripped me out for like three solid minutes (was really high). Listened to it much later and I dig it.
                              Originally posted by Gnomad
                              How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X