Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

new strata song...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kata rokkar
    well since you have the lyrics to that song....do you have the lyrics to Poughkeepsie?

if so could ya post it? i'm quite curious of what kind of things he has to say about that unusual experience.
    06. Poughkeepsie, NY:

I met the Devil in Poughkeepsie, New York.
    He took a seat right beside me at the end of the bar.
    He said I looked familiar, had we met sometime before?
    Yeah, I drank with the Devil in Poughkeepsie, New York.

And I confessed I hadn't prayed to God since nineteen-eighty-eight,
    he said, "oh kid, you should try again you know, before it's too late."
    I asked him where my soul would go if I just dropped dead today,
    he smiled and said "Oh, you've got some good friends waiting for you at the gates."

Hallelujah!
    O', Hallelujah!

He said, "Just say the word and I'll give you fame and fancy whores,
    or would you rather die a simple man, just honest and poor?"
    I said, "Well now I know who my real friends are and I can't ask for much more."
    I thanked the Devil for my drinks and made my way for the door.

Hallelujah!
    O', Hallelujah!

Comment

thanks dude

Comment

thanks dude
        No prob. Also, for you and anyone else who is interested, the band posted the full album's lyrics so I no longer have to answer these questions and piss off poor TraptDredg.

Read up, children.

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton
          well since you have the lyrics to that song....do you have the lyrics to Poughkeepsie?

if so could ya post it? i'm quite curious of what kind of things he has to say about that unusual experience.
          06. Poughkeepsie, NY:

I met the Devil in Poughkeepsie, New York.
          He took a seat right beside me at the end of the bar.
          He said I looked familiar, had we met sometime before?
          Yeah, I drank with the Devil in Poughkeepsie, New York.

And I confessed I hadn't prayed to God since nineteen-eighty-eight,
          he said, "oh kid, you should try again you know, before it's too late."
          I asked him where my soul would go if I just dropped dead today,
          he smiled and said "Oh, you've got some good friends waiting for you at the gates."

Hallelujah!
          O', Hallelujah!

He said, "Just say the word and I'll give you fame and fancy whores,
          or would you rather die a simple man, just honest and poor?"
          I said, "Well now I know who my real friends are and I can't ask for much more."
          I thanked the Devil for my drinks and made my way for the door.

Hallelujah!
          O', Hallelujah!
          song sounds very NINish

Added after 1 hours 7 minutes:

Originally posted by erikpemberton
          thanks dude
          No prob. Also, for you and anyone else who is interested, the band posted the full album's lyrics so I no longer have to answer these questions and piss off poor TraptDredg.

Read up, children.
          i've got five dolla and you call that poor? hahaha

Comment

For those who might be interested... there are some videos on YouTube from the show in San Francisco last week that are pretty good sound and video quality... given that they were probably shot from a camera phone or digital camera. Check 'em out:

SETLIST:
            Night Falls - The Weight Of It (no video available)
            The Dotted Line...
            Coma Therapy
            The New National Anthem
            Natoma Alley (into...)
            Hot/Cold (Darling, Don't)

Stay Young
            Poughkeepsie, NY
            "Raven Jam" (which is tacked on the end of "Poughkeepsie, NY" on the album) (into...)
            Cocaine (We're All Going To Hell)

Or you can just watch an in-order playlist of the available videos here.

I haven't watched them all yet, but if you're a Pemberton spotter, I was in front of Ryan and/or Eric the whole night, right by the stage. Maybe I'm in there, maybe not.

Enjoy.

Oh, and just for the fuck of it, here's a video of them recording "Natoma Alley" aka "Slumpin'" at The Panda Studios in Oakland.

Comment

new song: Hot/Cold (Darling, Don't)

Strata's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Comment

Well, the whole record leaked tonight.

The fact that you haven't posted it, Eric, tells me that the band wants this contained, correct?
                Originally posted by Gnomad
                I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                  Well, the whole record leaked tonight.

The fact that you haven't posted it, Eric, tells me that the band wants this contained, correct?
                  Yeah. Fucking Wind-Up. There's a fan on the new Strata board who bought a copy off of the French eBay about 2 or 3 weeks ago. That just shouldn't happen. Had the label kept the record at its original release of 5/15, this wouldn't be too bad, but we're now looking at 2.5 months early... it's gonna hurt sales for sure. Although it's supposed to be priced for $7.99 at Best Buy, etc. and $9.99 MSRP, so who knows.

Anyway, those of you who are OiNKed, what do you think?

Comment

just got a chance to hear this, it's pretty good, not a dramatically amazing album in my opinion, but it is much much better than I was expecting after hearing Cocaine. I actually like that song much more now that I can see how it fits into the album musically.

Comment

i'm digging it. nowhere near as by the numbers as the self titled.
                      http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Originally posted by dredgfan001
                        just got a chance to hear this, it's pretty good, not a dramatically amazing album in my opinion, but it is much much better than I was expecting after hearing Cocaine. I actually like that song much more now that I can see how it fits into the album musically.
                        Yeah, now that people are hearing it, I recommend going back and reading my old posts on various forums I frequent.  :lol:

Comment

i love it except for two songs, love is life and daylight in the city.  they may grow on me but for some reason, they dont feel like they fit.  i love cocaine.  at first i hated it but more and more i started liking it, to the point where i had to get the chorus down.  now, after hearing this as a whole, i think it fits so well

Comment

I love this album, except for the closing track. I never would've bought the album based off of Cocaine, but I love that song now and the whole thing. Great discovery for me. =p

Comment

i really dig it a lot. i probably would've bought it based off of cocaine, but that's only because i liked the ST and was curious to see how they were gonna follow it up. all in all, good record, and it's good to see how they've evolved since the downside days.
                              Originally posted by FeebleFables
                              There's never enough epic in the music world.

Comment

very dredgy i think

Comment

Working...
                                X