Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

new strata song...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have to post this as an announcement since apparently it's becoming a problem, but I'll just keep it here for now.

TraptDredg - While I understand that you feel you are defending the community's collective interest in some way, please realize that it is common knowledge on this board that several members are close friends with a lot of bands that bear some relation to dredg.  Kaddisfly, Opus Dai, Woven, Strata, Mutemath, Circa Survive, and Decibully are just a few examples of groups that have connections to community members here.  As a result, if it frustrates you to hear information about these bands from people close to them, I would advise you to simply ignore the posts.  Part of the appeal of this board is the connection that we all share in our love of music, and people like Erik provide all of us with information, music, and all other sorts of goodies from bands we love.  No one worships him because he is close to Strata... we simply know that he's the guy to talk to.  Hell, one of our board members is in the liner notes of the upcoming Kaddisfly release (dredgfan001, Tucker).  I hope that you understand that Erik's messages here at Traversing are encouraged by everyone and should never be treated as unsolicited bragging.

Anyway, let's move on.

Strata.

PS - And by the way, I deleted all of the bickering from the topic.  Please, if you have a personal issue with someone, send them a PM and keep your confrontation private.  Publicly berating someone and acting like a frustrated child is, in many ways, worse than talking about close connections with a band.  It ruins the thread and makes this board appear classless and juvenile.

Ok...

Strata.

Anyway, I've decided to not listen to any other live recordings of new songs.  I just want to hear the record in full when it leaks.  But I DO like "Cocaine" a lot.

Originally posted by Gnomad
    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Did you just sign that "Strata?" You arrogant bastard!
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Hell, one of our board members is in the liner notes of the upcoming Kaddisfly release (dredgfan001, Tucker).
        I'm in the liner notes for Eric's book and the first Strata EP.

I hope that you understand that Erik's messages here at Traversing are encouraged by everyone and should never be treated as unsolicited bragging.
        Aww fuck.  8)

Comment

i'm still going to imagine all of erik's words in the voice of starscream....regardless of brock deleting my first announcement of saying that....

secondly...i hope they start touring soon
          Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
          you're pretty narcissistic
          enjoy that, nobody else does.
          Originally posted by Madklikor
          You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton
            He's not lyin about the EP one... i just checked. Pressure 4-5 and Ambionic are in it too And so is Die Trying... ewww.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

he's not in the lyric book for that ep though.

oh!  guess who got left out!  haha....ha.....................well....me too i guess....
              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
              you're pretty narcissistic
              enjoy that, nobody else does.
              Originally posted by Madklikor
              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

fair enough, i'm friends with the bands as well. my screen name should give it away. my dad was the main investor in the cactus club and i grew up with these bands. the meaning behind my posts was simply people name dropping and dangling snippits of songs and song titles is stupid.  

Added after 4 minutes:

Hell, one of our board members is in the liner notes of the upcoming Kaddisfly release (dredgfan001, Tucker).
                things like this. i hope you framed it

Comment

Originally posted by TraptDredg
                  fair enough, i'm friends with the bands as well. my screen name should give it away. my dad was the main investor in the cactus club and i grew up with these bands.
                  Awesome! Will you be my new best friend?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                    fair enough, i'm friends with the bands as well. my screen name should give it away. my dad was the main investor in the cactus club and i grew up with these bands.
                    Awesome! Will you be my new best friend?!
                    no, but i know something you dont know!!!

Comment

Do you know Strata's manager? Or what his/her name is?

Comment

in sickness and health and all that we've been through its the last thing that we both do lets take good deep breath

remember this
                        it's love

Added after 3 minutes:

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                        Do you know Strata's manager? Or what his/her name is?
                        and hey! is your avatar brimley? if so that techno remix of you on youtube is priceless

Comment

Ummm... no. That's not their managers name. Good try.

Added after 4 minutes:

and hey! is your avatar brimley? if so that techno remix of you on youtube is priceless
                          Not me. Nope.

Comment

fair enough, i'm friends with the bands as well. my screen name should give it away. my dad was the main investor in the cactus club and i grew up with these bands. the meaning behind my posts was simply people name dropping and dangling snippits of songs and song titles is stupid.  

Added after 4 minutes:

things like this. i hope you framed it
                            Realistically, I consider every complaint valid in it's original form, so I actually went back through this thread and read essentially every post Erik has made.

Really, you'd have to be looking for a reason to complain if you're really accusing him of "name dropping" and "dangling snippets of songs,"  which by the way he already clarified as public information when he said the following:

Everything else you see in my sig has either already been discussed, released, played live, seen on setlists, etc., so the song titles are not much of a mystery anyway.
                            Again, your complaint is baseless.  So I'll ask one more time to please, if you have a concern, take it to a private conversation and stop instigating it here.  Really, this band deserves to have people discuss them rather than devote the second half of a thread to getting mad at the guy that knows them.

And I'm sure he did frame it.  
                            Originally posted by Gnomad
                            I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                            do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

in sickness and health and all that we've been through its the last thing that we both do lets take good deep breath

remember this
                              it's love
                              You should at least get the lyrics right if you're going to quote them.

09. Love Is Life:

I've got enough wood and nails here
                              I've collected through the years
                              to build a few sturdy walls
                              to keep us safe from all my fears.
                              My insecurities are promises I was born to keep;
                              you know I live just to die for my beliefs.

Well, I believe in myself and I believe in you,
                              if it's the last thing we both do, let's take a good, deep breath
                              remember this...

Love is life, this love is my life...

and in you I have all I need...
                              I think we could stretch this out forever,
                              like a blanket in the sand
                              and we could learn a couple dances,
                              we'll do them hand in hand
                              until we end and even after
                              'cause death can't tear apart
                              these two hearts sewn together,
                              meant to be this from the start.

In sickness and health and all that we've been through,
                              if it's the last thing we both do, let's take a good, deep breath
                              remember this...

Love is life. This love is my life...

Love is a long way to fall...

Love is life. This love is my life.

Comment

well since you have the lyrics to that song....do you have the lyrics to Poughkeepsie?

if so could ya post it? i'm quite curious of what kind of things he has to say about that unusual experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X