Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

new strata song...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, guys. I know some of you have been clamoring for more info, so... here's a little something to tide you over.

First off, the single for "Cocaine (We're All Going To Hell)" is on sale today on iTunes, so make sure to pick it up and support the guys. It's 99 cents, guys. Seriously.

Secondly, I ran across some YouTube videos with the new songs. They're live, they're nowhere near studio quality, but at least some of you can hear them and that's better than nothing, right?

The New National Anthem (album version)

Coma Therapy

Stay Young & Poughkeepsie, NY

Also, to answer Kata's question... "Poughkeepsie, NY" is based on Eric's piece called "There Are Monsters Everywhere" from his book. You can read it on his MySpace blog.

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton
      Ok, guys. I know some of you have been clamoring for more info, so... here's a little something to tide you over.

First off, the single for "Cocaine (We're All Going To Hell)" is on sale today on iTunes, so make sure to pick it up and support the guys. It's 99 cents, guys. Seriously.

Secondly, I ran across some YouTube videos with the new songs. They're live, they're nowhere near studio quality, but at least some of you can hear them and that's better than nothing, right?

The New National Anthem (album version)

Coma Therapy

Stay Young & Poughkeepsie, NY

Also, to answer Kata's question... "Poughkeepsie, NY" is based on Eric's piece called "There Are Monsters Everywhere" from his book. You can read it on his MySpace blog.
      well i feel a little better now. all those other songs are way better than cocaine.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314
        well i feel a little better now. all those other songs are way better than cocaine.
        Yeah, maybe people might finally believe me when I said Cocaine is one of the 2 weakest songs on the album.

You can hear a snippet of the studio recording of "Coma Therapy" in this video, too. Though it sounds a lot better in the car.  8)

There's a clip of Hrag recording bass for "Mouse" (the most dredg-y of the new Strata songs) here, as well. It's hard to make out what the song sounds like, but I guarantee you it will be one of your favorites.

Oh... and I found one more clip. This one has parts of a bunch of songs... in order... "Coma Therapy," "Strength Of A River," "Hot/Cold," "Mouse" and "The New National Anthem."

Comment

Strata Presents The End Of The World:

01. Night Falls - The Weight Of It
          02. Hot/Cold (Darling, Don't)
          03. The Dotted Line...
          04. Cocaine (We're All Going To Hell)
          05. Coma Therapy
          06. Poughkeepsie, NY
          07. Stay Young
          08. The Brothers
          09. Love Is Life
          10. The New National Anthem
          11. Natoma Alley
          12. Daylight In The City

"The Brothers" and "Natoma Alley" are interludes. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. This is going to RULE.

Comment

weren't they originally going to re-do sleep for this album?

Comment

Originally posted by mmakara81
              that would be a dumb idea

Comment

Originally posted by mmakara81
                No, they're done with that. In fact, they've said many times that they plan on playing very little old material on the upcoming tour. Once you've heard the album you'll understand. "Sleep" just doesn't fit with how goddamn solid this record is.

Added after 1 minutes:

Strata Presents The End Of The World:

01. Night Falls - The Weight Of It
                02. Hot/Cold (Darling, Don't)
                03. The Dotted Line...
                04. Cocaine (We're All Going To Hell)
                05. Coma Therapy
                06. Poughkeepsie, NY
                07. Stay Young
                08. The Brothers
                09. Love Is Life
                10. The New National Anthem
                11. Natoma Alley
                12. Daylight In The City

"The Brothers" and "Natoma Alley" are interludes. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. This is going to RULE.
                By the way... for you Bay Area fans... straight from Eric's mouth:
                "You want to hear the new strata album, my friend janice is going to play it in it's entirety tonight at 10 over the stereo system at the bar where she works. it's called COACH'S and it's on Winchester Blvd. in Campbell..."

I'll be there with the lady. If you Bay Area fans wanna go, you've got just under 2 hours to get your asses down here.

Comment

And none of you better offer Eric a drink, or his polka dot dressed wife'll kill ya!
                  Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                  Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                    And none of you better offer Eric a drink, or his polka dot dressed wife'll kill ya!
                    She's tiny, she's like a toothpick. I love her.  :lol:

Comment

She's hot.  ops:

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

She's hot.  ops:
                        Seen her in person? Eric is a lucky man. But then again, so am I.  

Comment

I've seen her online. Unless she toured with him back in 03 when they toured with dredg and then Alien Ant Farm. If so, I may have seen her then.

Comment

I'll be there with the lady. If you Bay Area fans wanna go, you've got just under 2 hours to get your asses down here.
                            Man that was fun.
                            MySpace | YouTube

Comment

Any word of "Juliet" ever being recorded in the studio ? I seem to think it was, but I only have the live version from 2003. Goodness, it has been an extremely long time since new Strata music.

Comment

Originally posted by hooBus2
                                Any word of "Juliet" ever being recorded in the studio ? I seem to think it was, but I only have the live version from 2003. Goodness, it has been an extremely long time since new Strata music.
                                Nope, and won't be. They hate that song.

Comment

Working...
                                X