Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

new strata song...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I REALLY REALLY like this song.  It's a fresh approach for them, and I think his vocal style lends itself to the tone of the music.

I can't wait for the album!
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
      Originally posted by erikpemberton
      That is, if it hits MTV.
      It will. Wind-Up has promised some Evanescence-level promotion for the new album. We'll see if they deliver.
      Yeah, but with TRL being cancelled, what show are they going to pay for them to put it on?
      Haha, good point. It'll probably start out as an MTV2 thing, but there's Much, Fuse, VH1 and XM... as far as music stations go. Whenever I watch Headbanger's Ball (which is rarer and rarer these days), they run all kinds of promos during the commercials. I've seen a ton of Evanescence stuff run during those times, so I wouldn't be surprised if they started doing the same thing with Strata come April.

Comment

TRL got cancelled? I still see it on MTV.

And it doesn't make a difference anyway, since no one watches MTV for music videos anymore.  The big push in media advertisement will be Myspace featurettes, MTV2 specials, and a prominent spot in VH1's countdown (since it's owned by the same parent company).  And there will be a large radio push too, I'm sure.

Super God.
        do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
          TRL got cancelled? I still see it on MTV.

And it doesn't make a difference anyway, since no one watches MTV for music videos anymore.  The big push in media advertisement will be Myspace featurettes, MTV2 specials, and a prominent spot in VH1's countdown (since it's owned by the same parent company).  And there will be a large radio push too, I'm sure.
          It's being cancelled.
          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

is this track downloadable yet?

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar
              is this track downloadable yet?
              It should be on iTunes on the 30th. Unless you know one of the guys, that's the only way you're gonna find a copy to download before the album drops/is leaked.

Comment

Having listened again.... I love it even more!

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Having listened again.... I love it even more!
                  Wait for the rest! I think Cocaine is one of the 2 weakest songs on the album, so that tells you what level of awesomeness to expect.

Oh, and I'm a bastard for saying this, I know.

Psst... Last.fm in the sig
                             vvv

Comment

Yeah, I hate you.

Super God.

Comment

Yeah, I hate you.
                      Okay, that answers my question.

Added after 19 seconds:

Oh, and what's the street date for the CD?

Comment

Yeah, I hate you.
                        Okay, that answers my question.

Added after 19 seconds:

Oh, and what's the street date for the CD?
                        Not set yet. It will be late April... so probably the 17th or 24th... or maybe May 1st if it gets delayed. As far as I'm aware, the tracklist is being finalized, mastering is being done, artwork is being worked on, but nothing is completely set in stone just yet. The only thing I know is that there are at least 2 songs that will NOT be on the record from the batch that I've got.  

Oh... and I made sure not to play those in any of my Last.fm-enabled players in order to avoid leaking any info like song titles or anything... so don't ask about them. Until the guys say it's ok to talk about them, I'm not going to say a word. Everything else you see in my sig has either already been discussed, released, played live, seen on setlists, etc., so the song titles are not much of a mystery anyway.

Comment

okay, because if that song is actually called poughkeepsie,ny....i'll shit myself.

i grew up there and saw a majority of my high school yr concerts in that city.

anyway, i'm glad pressure isn't a song title; how fucking nu-metal cliche is that? ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar
                            okay, because if that song is actually called poughkeepsie,ny....i'll shit myself.

i grew up there and saw a majority of my high school yr concerts in that city.

anyway, i'm glad pressure isn't a song title; how fucking nu-metal cliche is that? ugh!
                            All the stuff that is showing up in my Last.fm sig are confirmed titles. The ones I'm not playing are probably not going to be on the album. So to answer your question, there is a song called "Poughkeepsie, NY" and another one called "Pressure." You'll live.  :lol:

Comment

wow....that's some pedo-bear approved marketing.

creamsiciles taste like shit, too. interesting....
                              http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Originally posted by noclevername
                                wow....that's some pedo-bear approved marketing.

creamsiciles taste like shit, too. interesting....
                                Yeah, I had to share that... it's pretty damn terrible. Now, where do I send your delivery?

Comment

Working...
                                X