Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

new strata song...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new strata song...

man, that is horrible. so bad that i'm tempted to take them off my freinds list on myspace.

I actually kinda like it. I think it's an interesting progression for the band.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I love it and the video is awesome too. The whole album is wonderful.

Comment

you've heard the entire album?  lucky you!  i like the song, except for the chorus

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton
          Is the video up anywhere? or have you just seen it with them/friends?

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

does the whole album sound like that or just this song?

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
              One of the guys showed it to me. It was on a secret website that was all password-protected and all that jazz. I actually saw it back in like October, but it was a rough Flash storyboard.

Added after 1 minutes:

Originally posted by sangreal314
              It's very diverse in texture, but without giving away too much, I'd describe the album as "mature" and "sophisticated" and "dynamic." I suppose those are the most accurate words I can think of for it. Imagine hearing Leitmotif, not hearing El Cielo and then hearing Catch Without Arms. Pretty big switch in style, a definite progression in sound, but hard to pigeonhole as just one particular thing.

Added after 1 minutes:

Originally posted by mmakara81
              you've heard the entire album?  lucky you!  i like the song, except for the chorus
              It'll grow on you. I tend to hate most of my favorite albums the first time I hear them. Antichrist Superstar pissed off a lot of Manson fans, but then it turned out to be his best work. I'd say it's a similar situation here.

Comment

One of the guys showed it to me. It was on a secret website that was all password-protected and all that jazz. I actually saw it back in like October, but it was a rough Flash storyboard.
                Now I gotta figure out when it's gonna be released. I'll talk to some peeps and see if i can find a date.

Comment

Now I gotta figure out when it's gonna be released. I'll talk to some peeps and see if i can find a date.
                  Single hits radio 1/30, album in late April/early May (still not set). The video will hit at the same time as the single, but it's likely it'll show up on YouTube or somewhere before it even hits MTV with the way things are these days.

Comment

That is, if it hits MTV.

Comment

That is, if it hits MTV.
                      It will. Wind-Up has promised some Evanescence-level promotion for the new album. We'll see if they deliver.

Comment

wind-up can kiss my white irish ass.

Added after 14 minutes:

The song isn't bad. It’s much more fun sounding than anything else they've ever done. Seems like they're succumbing to the whole modern new wave rock movement, which might not be such a bad thing.  

Comment

Added after 1 minutes:

It's very diverse in texture, but without giving away too much, I'd describe the album as "mature" and "sophisticated" and "dynamic." I suppose those are the most accurate words I can think of for it. Imagine hearing Leitmotif, not hearing El Cielo and then hearing Catch Without Arms. Pretty big switch in style, a definite progression in sound, but hard to pigeonhole as just one particular thing.

Added after 1 minutes:

Originally posted by mmakara81
                          It'll grow on you. I tend to hate most of my favorite albums the first time I hear them. Antichrist Superstar pissed off a lot of Manson fans, but then it turned out to be his best work. I'd say it's a similar situation here.
                          well nothing about that song sounds diverse, mature, sophisticated, dynamic or like a progression in sound. i hope the whole album isn't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar
                            wind-up can kiss my white irish ass.

Added after 14 minutes:

The song isn't bad. It’s much more fun sounding than anything else they've ever done. Seems like they're succumbing to the whole modern new wave rock movement, which might not be such a bad thing.
                            They're not. This song is just the most "single-ish" of the new stuff. Most of it doesn't have that same vibe you're describing, at least not to MY ears.

Added after 2 minutes:

well nothing about that song sounds diverse, mature, sophisticated, dynamic or like a progression in sound. i hope the whole album isn't like that.
                            And this is based on what, you hearing one song from the album on MySpace as a 96kbps MP3? I'd say you're a little quick to rush into your judgment.

Comment

That is, if it hits MTV.
                              It will. Wind-Up has promised some Evanescence-level promotion for the new album. We'll see if they deliver.
                              Yeah, but with TRL being cancelled, what show are they going to pay for them to put it on?

Comment

Working...
                              X