X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheRuleofThree
    replied
    Originally posted by TraptDredg
    fair enough, i'm friends with the bands as well. my screen name should give it away. my dad was the main investor in the cactus club and i grew up with these bands. the meaning behind my posts was simply people name dropping and dangling snippits of songs and song titles is stupid.  

Added after 4 minutes:

Originally posted by erikpemberton
    Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Hell, one of our board members is in the liner notes of the upcoming Kaddisfly release (dredgfan001, Tucker).
    I'm in the liner notes for Eric's book and the first Strata EP.
    things like this. i hope you framed it
    Realistically, I consider every complaint valid in it's original form, so I actually went back through this thread and read essentially every post Erik has made.

Really, you'd have to be looking for a reason to complain if you're really accusing him of "name dropping" and "dangling snippets of songs,"  which by the way he already clarified as public information when he said the following:

Everything else you see in my sig has either already been discussed, released, played live, seen on setlists, etc., so the song titles are not much of a mystery anyway.
    Again, your complaint is baseless.  So I'll ask one more time to please, if you have a concern, take it to a private conversation and stop instigating it here.  Really, this band deserves to have people discuss them rather than devote the second half of a thread to getting mad at the guy that knows them.

And I'm sure he did frame it.  

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied
    Ummm... no. That's not their managers name. Good try.

Added after 4 minutes:

and hey! is your avatar brimley? if so that techno remix of you on youtube is priceless
    Not me. Nope.

Leave a comment:

• TraptDredg
    replied
    in sickness and health and all that we've been through its the last thing that we both do lets take good deep breath

remember this
    it's love

Added after 3 minutes:

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    Do you know Strata's manager? Or what his/her name is?
    and hey! is your avatar brimley? if so that techno remix of you on youtube is priceless

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied
    Do you know Strata's manager? Or what his/her name is?

Leave a comment:

• TraptDredg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    fair enough, i'm friends with the bands as well. my screen name should give it away. my dad was the main investor in the cactus club and i grew up with these bands.
    Awesome! Will you be my new best friend?!
    no, but i know something you dont know!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied
    fair enough, i'm friends with the bands as well. my screen name should give it away. my dad was the main investor in the cactus club and i grew up with these bands.
    Awesome! Will you be my new best friend?!

Leave a comment:

• TraptDredg
    replied
    fair enough, i'm friends with the bands as well. my screen name should give it away. my dad was the main investor in the cactus club and i grew up with these bands. the meaning behind my posts was simply people name dropping and dangling snippits of songs and song titles is stupid.  

Added after 4 minutes:

Hell, one of our board members is in the liner notes of the upcoming Kaddisfly release (dredgfan001, Tucker).
    things like this. i hope you framed it

Leave a comment:

• evasivetear
    replied
    he's not in the lyric book for that ep though.

oh!  guess who got left out!  haha....ha.....................well....me too i guess....

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied
    He's not lyin about the EP one... i just checked. Pressure 4-5 and Ambionic are in it too And so is Die Trying... ewww.

Leave a comment:

• evasivetear
    replied
    i'm still going to imagine all of erik's words in the voice of starscream....regardless of brock deleting my first announcement of saying that....

secondly...i hope they start touring soon

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I hope that you understand that Erik's messages here at Traversing are encouraged by everyone and should never be treated as unsolicited bragging.
    Aww fuck.  8)

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied
    Did you just sign that "Strata?" You arrogant bastard!

Leave a comment:

• TheRuleofThree
    replied
    I may have to post this as an announcement since apparently it's becoming a problem, but I'll just keep it here for now.

TraptDredg - While I understand that you feel you are defending the community's collective interest in some way, please realize that it is common knowledge on this board that several members are close friends with a lot of bands that bear some relation to dredg.  Kaddisfly, Opus Dai, Woven, Strata, Mutemath, Circa Survive, and Decibully are just a few examples of groups that have connections to community members here.  As a result, if it frustrates you to hear information about these bands from people close to them, I would advise you to simply ignore the posts.  Part of the appeal of this board is the connection that we all share in our love of music, and people like Erik provide all of us with information, music, and all other sorts of goodies from bands we love.  No one worships him because he is close to Strata... we simply know that he's the guy to talk to.  Hell, one of our board members is in the liner notes of the upcoming Kaddisfly release (dredgfan001, Tucker).  I hope that you understand that Erik's messages here at Traversing are encouraged by everyone and should never be treated as unsolicited bragging.

Anyway, let's move on.

Strata.

PS - And by the way, I deleted all of the bickering from the topic.  Please, if you have a personal issue with someone, send them a PM and keep your confrontation private.  Publicly berating someone and acting like a frustrated child is, in many ways, worse than talking about close connections with a band.  It ruins the thread and makes this board appear classless and juvenile.

Ok...

Strata.

Anyway, I've decided to not listen to any other live recordings of new songs.  I just want to hear the record in full when it leaks.  But I DO like "Cocaine" a lot.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by hooBus2
    Any word of "Juliet" ever being recorded in the studio ? I seem to think it was, but I only have the live version from 2003. Goodness, it has been an extremely long time since new Strata music.
    Nope, and won't be. They hate that song.

Leave a comment:

• hooBus2
    replied
    Any word of "Juliet" ever being recorded in the studio ? I seem to think it was, but I only have the live version from 2003. Goodness, it has been an extremely long time since new Strata music.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X