Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Incubus-Light Grenades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incubus-Light Grenades

It's legit, but the CD itself is very... different.

I immediately enjoyed this a lot more that ACLOTM.  This is a very different direction for Incubus... something I don't think anyone could have anticipated.  I DO enjoy it, but it's just so interesting to me because I now realize that the reasons I enjoy Incubus (bad pun) now are totally different than the reasons I enjoyed them years ago.  It's practically two completely different bands.

And Mike Einziger never ceases to impress me.
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

If you enjoy this album now, I would suggest revisiting ACLOTM. This one seems to have a more even flow, but I think that album is just as good.

Comment

Downloading it now... I've got high hopes for this. I loved ACLOTM as well, and you are right about it being almost like 2 different bands. However I think that's definitely a good thing. Plus its quite handy that I happen to like most of the stuff Incubus has done, despite the different directions they've taken.

Comment

Wow... I didn't really hear a difference... sounded like plain old Incubus to me. It's not bad, but it's my least favorite Incubus album besides Fungus Amongus. That's always a good thing, though. When your least favorite album from a band is still enjoyable.

Comment

2 1/2 bad albums in a row..

I'm taking my bat and going home!

:x  :x  :x    :P  :x    :twisted:  :shock:
            "He not busy being born is busy dying" - Bob Dylan

Comment

Thanks for posting...

The general style sounds very similar to ACLOTM, which I didn't enjoy much at all, but after a quick first listen I think the songs are somewhat stronger this time around. It's become obvious that nothing they do from this point on is going to touch the SCIENCE-Make Yourself era for me, but then that's just me.

Comment

Different...i wasn't sure what to make of some of the randomness at first...but I like it....it's not top-notch but it's good.  For me, Science and Fungus/Enjoy are the albums I can't listen to anymore, they just didn't hold up over this length of time for me.  My memories of what those record were was much better then they actually are.
                - Jon

----------------------------------------
                Originally posted by gderd
                dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music

Comment

So...

I really like:

Quicksand
                  A Kiss to Send Us Off
                  Light Grenades
                  Rogues
                  Pendulous Threads (one of the best songs they've ever written)

The slower songs (excluding "Quicksand") all sound cheesy.

Comment

love hurts is the only song that is iffy to me...and that's just the line: love hurts but soemtimes it's a good hurt...that's just bad...but other than that i'm good with it
                    - Jon

Originally posted by gderd
                    dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music

Comment

haha.. That's a horrible lyricline... .. I would listen to this if it wasn't for the fact that I forgot my headphones at work :|..... it's been a boring weekend

Comment

The one track that stands out to me right now is "Dig." Fairly simple and straightforward, but I think it has big hit potential. Sort of a "Drive"ish vibe to it, but more melodic and interesting musically.

Comment

Originally posted by Ooga
                          So...

I really like:

Quicksand
                          A Kiss to Send Us Off
                          Light Grenades
                          Rogues
                          Pendulous Threads (one of the best songs they've ever written)

The slower songs (excluding "Quicksand") all sound cheesy.

Yeah I'm pretty much feeling the same about this. All in all, I like the songs I like, but about half of the album I could do without. Particularly that Earth to Bella pile of wang. It could be forgiven once...but then there's a part 2? Why?! If it was an EP with the crap taken out of it...it would be damn good though in my opinion.

Comment

It's become obvious that nothing they do from this point on is going to touch the SCIENCE-Make Yourself era for me, but then that's just me.
                            truest post in this thread. new album so far=bleh :roll: maybe itll grow....heres to hoping

Comment

nothing comes close to S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and nothing ever will...

Comment

Working...
                              X