Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

MEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MEW

I can't wait for the new album. Satellites is beautiful in its restraint. I'm really interested in the sound with the return of Johan.
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

New album + - streaming.

Comes out next week.

Six years after its last full-length album, the Danish progressive-pop band has morphed again, this time into a more streamlined, potent, startlingly evolved version of itself.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I'm loving this album so much. If I was still rocking physical CDs, I'd wear this one out.
        ---
        I really wish they'd put out a 5.1 mix of this album.
        ---
        Cross the River on Your Own sounds like a lost track from Ghost by Devin Townsend Project, and I mean that as a huge compliment.
        I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
        I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
        A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
        To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

I've struggled with this band. Never got into And The Glass Handed Kites as it sounded so samey, which I think was an issue with production. That guitar sound, whilst huge, metallic and clangy, unfortunately was just EVERYWHERE and there was no escape from it. Then No More Stories was just hard work again. Though I think maybe with this + - release I could probably backtrack.

Absolutely love +-. Every track is solid. The two stand outs for me are Making Friends for its super pimpin' groove, and My Complications which is flipping brilliant.

… And I love how consistently awful the album art!

Don't normally do a "FFO" wank, but check out Rumble In Rhodos. I've been following these guys since their first album way back, but wasn't into them too much then. Since their first release (more hardcore), they've totally switched their sound. Definitely in similar vein to Mew now perhaps? But a little different. Anyway, you can put this in your ears and do one! https://soundcloud.com/rumble-in-rhodos
          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I just picked up + - on Vinyl per Half Price Books 20% off sale. I do enjoy this album a lot, "Rows" being the standout track to me.

thanks cribble, I've never heard of Rumble in Rhodos but I'll check them out.

I would recommend the band Team Me for fans of Mew, although I could be wrong, but I think I or someone else recommended them a few years ago. Their record from last year"Blind as Night" was quite good.
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

new album "Visuals" April 28th.

Our NEW ALBUM ‘Visuals’ is released on April 28th.  Pre-order now: Vinyl CD   Digital / Stream European Tour Announced Pre-sale 9am Jan 25th General sale 9am Jan 27th Get tickets HERE .

1. Nothingness And No Regrets
              2. The Wake Of Your Life
              3. Candy Pieces All Smeared Out
              4. In A Better Place
              5. Ay Ay Ay
              6. Learn Our Crystals
              7. Twist Quest
              8. Shoulders
              9. 85 Videos
              10. Zanzibar
              11. Carry Me To Safety

1st song/last track "Carry Me to Safety"
              Taken from the new album 'Visuals' out nowLyricsOh referee, carry me to safetyI can tell, I can tellYou wish me wellThirty thousand, there is someone more th...
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
              X