Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

MEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MEW

wow, thanks.
    you're all the way over there
    but we can dance to your music from here

Comment

Just finished my 1st listening.This new album might finally be the record I've been hoping they'd make. Lots of moods, textures..happier. I need to play it a lot more, especially through headphones, but in a way it reminds me of TPTPTD in that it seems like kind of a trip or journey going through the moods and types of songs.

Very impressed.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

just coming onto some lsd and im loving this first track!

Comment

I want some LSD dammit.
          sigpic
          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

this album is pretty crazy....easily their least accessible yet most interesting work to date. really like tricks and the cartoons track (too lazy to get the full title)...but yeah this is what i've been waiting for for awhile...just an interesting, experimental album. dredg was good but still kinda what i expected from what i heard. i mean i guess this lives up to the album art and single as far as what could be expected but still caught me off guard at times. i think i initially liked ...and the glasshanded kites better but i'm sure it'll grow on me. it's brighter than the former yet less poppy in a way...i don't know ha. in tone i think it falls somewhere between frengers and kites yet does definitely go into some strange new awesome territory
            Christ as fast

Comment

yeah I'd agree with much of that warofsound. I think it's kind of greater-than-the-sum-of-it's-parts. But also a grower. The mix of Kites + Frengers + New territory , could describe it in a nutshell.
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

definitely right about being the least accessible, yet most interesting. It's a trip.
                you're all the way over there
                but we can dance to your music from here

Comment

Link deleted =(

anyone have some link ?
                  Last.fm

Comment

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

You're my hero, Soundscape!!! Thanks!

My Skydrive:https://cid-efc3e98cdde49c31.skydriv....com/home.aspx

Comment

thanks

I found other link in btjunkie too
                        Last.fm

Comment

DUDES/DUDETTES in CAli... ANNOUNCEMENT:

Mew is playing a show @ the Troubadour on 9/1. Just faxed my order of 3 tix just now!!! HOLY SHIT, I DON'T HAVE TO SEE NIN!!!

Angele of the Troubadour:

+Mew - Sept 1st
                          Freaking AWESOME. I'm sad to say I haven't heard this band before, but lots of people are very excited about it--and now listening to the two songs on their MySpace I'm excited too! They're opening up for NIN @ the Palladium and then the Fonda on 9/2 & 9/3 but they're going to play their own headlining show here FIRST at the Troub for all you...and their other fans who don't subscribe to this newsletter. Ha. This show is SURE to sell out FAST so please get your tickets ASAP so you don't get left out. Faxes are being accepted for this show. Check the songs on the MySpace and you can become a fan too (if you aren't already).
                          Mew is the cat's meow: myspace.com/mew

Comment

I was so lucky to be in Vancouver when they were playing. I basically decided to go because people had been saying good things about them on here. I wanted to go see a show with the girl I was with and I saw their name when I started searching for shows. It turned out to be one of the best shows I've ever seen.
                            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by darshun View Post
                              Just faxed my order of 3 tix just now!!!
                              so nice of you ta get me a ticket man!~ (hahaha im gona so try ta be at this show!)

Comment

Tomorrow is the last day of the week before the weekend to FAX your order for Mew tix...

Comment

Working...
                                X