Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

MEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEW

Hello.

I just noticed that, tragically, there is no topic lauding the wonderment of the band Mew. I've been really into this band ever since their album And the Glass Handed Kites came out, easilly one of the best albums of last year and becuase of it's re-release in the US this year, technically qualifies as my favorite album of this year as well. I saw them (and met them!) earlier this week in NYC for the first time and it has pushed them into the all-time favorites category for me.

I wrote a short blog about it on this page a while ago:
    \"...Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of deadlines...\"

If you haven't heard the band before, check them out: http://www.myspace.com/mew

And, as the lead singer of the band is also a filmography enthusiast, their videos are also quite good. Check some of them out:

Special
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comforting Sounds
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Zookeepers Boy

The next time I come back I expect the population of rabid Mew fans here up by 247%!

I have seen them twice and both times were quite a good show!  I really liked the artwork/video thing they have going on at shows with the animals playing the violins and such....

one dissapointment both times i saw them was that they didn't play snow brigade but other then that it was great.

i was looking down at you smiling up at me....

Comment

People always seem to capitalise threads about Mew... strange hehe Good band, their songs are a bit hit and miss for me (some I can definitely do without) but when they get it right they are stunning!

Comment

hoooooray for mew!

i still need to find their 1st album though . . .
        Originally posted by kata rokkar
        Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

great band. A lot of Pure Reason Revolution fans are into them. I'm very excited to see them next month. I just wish they were headlining.

Kyle
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

i just wish they were coming here . . . kasabian is coming, but mew won't be with them on that date . . . bah!

Comment

really?..that's strange..looks as if they are playing LA but not San Diego. That sucks man..you can't make the trek?

Kyle
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

no . . . i just remembered i'm going out of town the 4th thru the 12th so . . . no chance . . . they're playing in denver while i'll be in wyoming . . . but they'll be there the day my friend is getting married so i guess i'm just gonna have to call it a loss

Comment

I've definately done my share of pimping Mew on these forums.. They've been one of my favorite bands for almost a decade now

Comment

They are awesome live!..Like Porcupine Tree..with the Surreal videos in the background. They alter the versions of the songs a bit.

Saw them last night with Kasabian and 1000 Pictures. If I can recall the setlst:

SPECIAL
                    AM I WRY?..Videos with the lyrics
                    THE ZOOKEEPER'S BOY
                    SYMMETRY..video of the girl who sang the lead vocals..sequenced in to harmonize with the band's vocals.
                    SHESPIDER...video with a drawing of I what I think is a Spider or something else Mew uses in their artwork.
                    COMFORTING SOUNDS..the Video with the Cat's and other animals floating playing violins and stringed instruments among other parts. It's a little extended live.

Kyle
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

quick question . . . does anyone have any mew b-sides that they'd be willing to share?  i'd sure appreciate it!

Comment

Older b-sides: http://rapidshare.de/files/10082745/...sides.zip.html

the others I recall seeing in the P2P's..just haven't grabbed em yet. If I do, I'll be sure to throw em up.
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

you are the man.

Comment

weird . . .

Comment

^^funny video
                              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X