Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Board Mixes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundscapeMN
    replied
    Re: Board Mixes

well I put on Kata Rokkar's Fall Mix again today and made a few notes about the songs...really curious about some of these bands now..Scott Mathews maybe the most.

01 :: 20th century intro
    02 :: The Pharside - Passing me by ..like some of the rythm section
    03 :: Dredg - Zebra Skin.. its dredg..duh.."couple of drinks mid day mid day..i sway i sway..haven't felt this way since yesterday..couple of drinks couple of drinks"
    04 :: Scott Matthews - Dream song..nice use of strings..rich harmonies with the strings and vox
    05 :: RJD2 - Ghostwriter..acoustic guitar rythm opening..almost a reggae feel..electronic drums
    06 :: ST - Csanca..electronic rythms..various what sounds like synth-patches and piano..singer sounds a little like Peter Gabriel..moody, atmospheric synth melody
    07 :: Simian Mobile Disco - I Believe ..techno-ish..
    08 :: Telefon Tel Aviv - What It Was, Will Never Again...down tempo..cool darker change mid-song "the pleasure's mine"
    09 :: Tracer AMC - Sleep Trick...post-rocky
    10 :: Braces Tower - Action Jackson...drum machine?..nice change in tempo..moody, sounds like something in a club or soundtrack
    11 :: Placebo - English Summer Rain..is this a remix?..like the electronic rythm and layers..thick, dark distorted guitar solo..dunno if most of Placebo's work is like this, but if so I'll have to hear more. "Start again"
    12 :: Braces Tower - King of Rock..also sounds like a remix, fat synth bass rythm..samples?..flavor flav?..some others sound familiar
    13 :: Oceansize - The Frame..love the mood and buil up in this piece. One of the best compositions of any song from 2007. Altho I am pretty sure the interval pattern in the main melody is nearly the same as a part from a Russian Circles song. The last few minutes are godly and give goosebumps every time.

Total Time :: 52:33

now that's done..I'm gonna move on to some of the others..among some of the others on he other forums as well, lol.

Leave a comment:

• IKnockStuffDown
    replied

Awesome, thanks. I will listen to this tonight.

After listening to this mix: my mind has been blown.
    Last edited by IKnockStuffDown; April 1, 2008, 05:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kata rokkar
    replied

awesome

Leave a comment:

• And we'll just put a happy little bush over here.
    replied

i limited myself to use songs less than 15 minutes. here is my introduction to post-rock for you all:

yet we contiune to build there, the structure - youth pictures of florence henderson
    funnier with a plank - antennas to heaven
    seagulls = sea eagles - you.may.die.in.the.desert
    oig - blueneck
    the sun's condolences - gifts from enola
    a thought would never let people "watch" what they choose. Instead, it let them see what they hope to see. - te
    o'canada - beware of safety
    palestine - the american dollar
    tsunami death toll arising - thisquietearmy
    we flood empty lakes - yndi halda
    with sabres - shelter red

here
    Last edited by And we'll just put a happy little bush over here.; March 31, 2008, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

replied

Originally posted by emptyzero View Post
    Uh oh...I hope you don't mind me stealing your idea but I smell a 3rd disc coming. Well, I did purposely keep "post-rock" tracks off of my original mix(es) because I was thinking about something similar.

maybe i will just do it with texas bands....

Leave a comment:

• IKnockStuffDown
    replied

Originally posted by auto-de-fe View Post
    i need to do a post-rock mix for you all.
    Please do!

Leave a comment:

replied

Originally posted by emptyzero View Post
    Uh oh...I hope you don't mind me stealing your idea but I smell a 3rd disc coming. Well, I did purposely keep "post-rock" tracks off of my original mix(es) because I was thinking about something similar.
    why not multiple? there is a lot of range in post-rock.

i might dabble a little into ambiant as well.

Leave a comment:

• emptyzero
    replied

Originally posted by auto-de-fe View Post

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• kata rokkar
    replied

oh and Ars, the Reggie songs are hilarious as usual and the rest of the mix rocks aside from the few songs I had to delete (Static Lullaby, BFBE, Early Nov.). Too emo for me man.

Leave a comment:

• kata rokkar
    replied

I'm excited for both mixes. Take your time. I want to hear the love and care that was put into these mixes

Leave a comment:

• cribble
    replied

I will be doing a mix during April... does everyone want the tracks split up this time? It'll still be mixed as always...

Leave a comment:

• emptyzero
    replied

I was working on one last weekend and then there were more songs I wanted to share so I made a 2nd one as well. Both are going to be close to 80mins...I'll try to post sendspace links tonight or later in the week.

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

Haha. If that's the only one you've heard, 14 ("Linkin Verbz") and 21 ("Deathnotronic") are the same type songs.

Leave a comment:

• kata rokkar
    replied

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
    07: Reggie And The Full Effect - Dwarf Invasion
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BR8T5XMK
    yes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X