Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Board Mixes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board Mixes

I don't know if anybody here will be interested in this, but if people are, I'll sticky this.

Anyway, I've participated in one of these on the old Alien Ant Farm board, and I've seen it done a few other places. A lot of us listen to bands that others on here may not have ever heard or ever checked out. So why not share the love?

Basically, anybody that wants to participate makes 5 mixes (all the same, or all different if you want). You burn them onto CD-Rs, put them in sleeves or cases or something and send them to me along with $3-5 (i don't know how much it'll cost). In return, you'll get back 5 mix CDs, from different people around the board. I'll just mix all the CDs up and grab 5 for everybody (you won't get your own back or duplicates, duh). You can put whatever music you want on there. Anything you like; anything you hate; anything everybody else will hate. Your satisfaction is in no way guaranteed, but you never know. When I did this on the AAF board, I got 2 CDs I didn't listen to more than once, and 3 CDs that I absolutely love and still have around here somewhere. It's just a great way to hear some music you may never have heard before.

If you're interested, let me know and we can get this thing going.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Good idea, but can't we just cut out the sending of the c.d's and just use like yousendits or megauploads or something of the like and save $, because some of us are very poor college students.
    His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

Because CDs are better than yousendits. Not everybody has good internet connections. It's not much money.... like $2 for 5 CD-Rs, and then $6-10 for the shipping.... that's around $10 for 5 CDs.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

i've been thinking about bringing up something like this as well, good call!

sign me up!
        Originally posted by kata rokkar
        Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

6-10 $ shipping?  Try 2$ media mail.
          sigpic
          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

I'm in.  How long will this take to be sent back to us? Because I won't be living here too much longer. (well dorms that is)
            DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

I like the idea but I live in germany :?

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness
                6-10 $ shipping?  Try 2$ media mail.
                But can $2 media mail handle 5 CDs? I've never received more than 2 with it.

Comment

$2 media mail can handle 10 CDs...and that's even with heavy-ass jewel cases.
                  but if you sent 5 CDs in sleeves, first class should actually be a little cheaper.

Comment

i hope i can make a cd that doesn't consist entirely of songs everyone already has since i get so many recommendations here . . . i guess we shall wait and see!

Comment

sure I'll play...done this on 2 other forums in the past year. Discovered some new bands as a result.

Kyle
                      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I'm planning on putting some very good local acts on it, a few of the bands around here are bound to make it big here within the next few years.
                        DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

I'm definitely down for this.  So, I'll start burning CDs soon, if this is a go.  

My Skydrive:https://cid-efc3e98cdde49c31.skydriv....com/home.aspx

Comment

so uh . . . is this a go or is it dead?

come on people, let's all get some new cd's!

Comment

I forgot about this. I'll sticky it now....

What's a good date for submissions? Can everybody have them to me by or around Nov 1? Just IM me for my address whenever you complete them.

Comment

Working...
                              X