Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Board Mixes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Board Mixes

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
    Axiom? I hate that band...

I talked to them just now, and they said you suck the balls as well.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
      My mix. I feel the same way as Ars did...hope it doesn't suck too much for you guys.
      Wow. This one is great. I have some of these songs, of course, but I'd never heard of a few of these bands.

It's a real treat to finally listen to Imogen Heap, Mastadon, Mother Love Bone, and Phish. I've heard about them forever but never gotten to them. And I honestly thought I was the only one on this board who enjoys Travis!

Thank you Halcyon!

Comment

Heh....I don't listen to Travis THAT much, but when I first heard Sing, I had to buy the single. Lo and behold, on that single was a gem that I would treasure forever, that perfect cover of Killer Queen. Normally I don't like when bands try to make an exact replica, because they usually do a horrible job trying, but this one is perfect in all ways.

And apparently the single is almost impossible to find now. Can't even find that song on Soulseek because nobody has it. Weird.

But yes, I'm glad you enjoy everything on there.

What were some of the bands you never heard of but enjoyed?
        ---
        BTW....as Gnomad sort of pointed out...

Axiom is me.

Comment

downloaded it just for the killer queen cover

Comment

but when I first heard Sing, I had to buy the single.
            "Sing" was the song my spouse and I chose for our wedding. :-)

BTW....as Gnomad sort of pointed out...

Axiom is me.
            Are you kidding me?? Oh my god. When the mix opened with "As of Yet," I thought, "OK, this is going to be good. This guy's taste is exquisite." No lie.

What were some of the bands you never heard of but enjoyed?
            Um . . . Axiom. heh. And The Push Stars, This Is Me Smiling, Paz Lenchantin, State Route 522, and Mondoz.

With the exception of the Southpark Theme (which is just cute), there's not a song on this mix that I don't like. There are some I love and will listen to over and over. I don't think I'll ever be a huge fan of Mastadon, but this song is pretty good. And the Soundgarden acoustic! Just bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by Trathena View Post
              Are you kidding me?? Oh my god. When the mix opened with "As of Yet," I thought, "OK, this is going to be good. This guy's taste is exquisite." No lie.
              Really?? Thank you!

Um . . . Axiom. heh. And The Push Stars, This Is Me Smiling, Paz Lenchantin, State Route 522, and Mondoz.
              Yeah...me.

The Push Stars is a band I found from CMJ magazine in '99 and loved that song.

This Is Me Smiling was a band that only put out one CD and then broke up. The singer did a couple of acoustic songs on YouTube. Just search for the band.

Paz Lenchantin was the original bass player for A Perfect Circle.

State Route 522 was Jake Snider (from Minus The Bear)'s first band. The CD is damn near impossible to find.

And Mondoz is my friend Dustin's old band, based out of Houstin, TX. They are now known as Deadbolt Zen.

With the exception of the Southpark Theme (which is just cute), there's not a song on this mix that I don't like. There are some I love and will listen to over and over. I don't think I'll ever be a huge fan of Mastadon, but this song is pretty good. And the Soundgarden acoustic! Just bliss.
              I never seemed to like anything else from Mastadon, but I really like this song, thank to a mix CD my friend made for me. Irony? Maybe.

Comment

...don't suppose anyone listened to mine?

Comment

Really??

Really. No lie. That's going to be a song I listen to over and over. Do you have CDs for sale?

Paz Lenchantin was the original bass player for A Perfect Circle.
                  This makes me feel so stupid. A Perfect Circle is one of my favorite bands, and I knew about her. Damn, I'm dense sometimes.

I love how your mix is full of rare, impossible-to-find tracks. Thank you so much for taking the time to upload it.

Originally posted by duncang View Post
                  ...don't suppose anyone listened to mine?
                  Dude, look what I'm listening to right now.

----------------
                  Now playing: Russian Circles - Youngblood

Comment

Hope you enjoy(ed).

Comment

Hah. Halcyon, I remember you sent me this Phish track like 4 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Trathena
                        Really. No lie. That's going to be a song I listen to over and over. Do you have CDs for sale?
                        Not yet, but as soon as I have a CD's worth of music recorded, I'll be sure to send you one.

Originally posted by Trathena
                        I love how your mix is full of rare, impossible-to-find tracks. Thank you so much for taking the time to upload it.
                        My pleasure! I'll be uploading another mix soon, I'm sure.

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                        Hah. Halcyon, I remember you sent me this Phish track like 4 years ago!
                        Haha, I'm not surprised. That song is just nuts for all guitarists. I can think of plenty of awesome guitar tracks, but this one just stays in my thoughts every time I think of accuracy and ingenuity.

Comment

Am I allowed to post mixes here?

Comment

Go for it. I'd be interested. I don't recall your taste in music offending anyone.

Comment

I have something coming soon, it doesn't have the usual stuff that is posted here on it but at least your mind will be expanded.

Comment

^ Promise?

Comment

Working...
                                X