Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Plug for my mp3 bootleg blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug for my mp3 bootleg blog

Hi again folks-  I created an mp3 bootleg blog.  It's dedicated to obscure bands from the Midwest that specialize in Indie Hard Rock (Post Hardcore/Mathcore(?)).  

Right now I have Houston up, which consists of a trio that have interesting pop sensibilities leaning on the heavy side of things, but keep in mind it's not heavy as in metal... maybe heavy as thin sheet metal?  hmmm... Well the lead singer happens to be a recording guru and can do a lot of magic w/his rig.  In my opinion Jeff's a brilliant songwriter.  Check out songs "Keith Moon," "Ugly Tree," "Buddy" and "Water."  I loved these guys so much that I saw them 15+x and have travelled to 3 different states to see them live.  I have about 22 shows recorded, which a few were traded.  RIP

Next up, I have The Life & Times, another trio that leans on songwriting genius with catchy hooks.  Allen Epley of the band Shiner (Kansas City, MO) leads this outfit and charges to victory with songs like "Skateland," "Running Redlights" and "My Last Hostage."  These guys are currently on tour and will soon be embarking on a journey to Japan.

Lastly for now, is Open Hand, which is a band that hails from Los Angeles, CA.  This sonic 5 pc is a blur of fury with songs like "Pure Concentrated Evil," "Jaded," "Crooked Crown (feat. Allen Epley)" and "Hard Night."  Thru numerous lineup changes, Justin Isham leads this band to higher ground.  Think Queens of the Stone Age meets Shiner.

I know some of the stuff I wrote is cheesy, but I had to give it a little flare.  Well, I guess it's because I don't want them to sound boring...  But let me know what you guys think.

My Skydrive:https://cid-efc3e98cdde49c31.skydriv....com/home.aspx
Working...
X