Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

only revolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only revolutions

mark z danielewski's new book only revolutions is out tomorrow . . . should be another amazing read . . . for those unfamiliar, go buy house of leaves and feel your life impove in minutes . . .

Originally posted by kata rokkar
    Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

don't know if any of you actually checked this book out or not, but here's the next phase . . . should be great . . .

The audio for ONLY REVOLUTIONS is at last done and will be available soon on iTunes and other like digital outposts.

Basics go as follows:

Sam’s read by Mark Z Danielewski
    Hailey’s read by Alexis Madden
    Music by Danny Elfman

There are some bonus tracks including LITTLE RUNAWAY written by Poe when she was a teenager, the REVOLUTIONS OF RUIN everyone was asking about and the Wagnerian ONLY REVOLUTIONS PRELUDE.

For now you can check out this link:

CD Baby - Independently distribute to Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Amazon, YouTube, TikTok, Pandora & more. Make money from your songs worldwide on 150+ trusted platforms.

Comment

is it poetry?
      sigpic
      We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
      happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

hmmm . . . it's a novel, but it's very poetic novel that's split into 2 parts, sam's story & hailey's story . . . next time you're at the bookstore, just take a look at the book . . . it's awesome.

Comment

Like Danielewski's other work, there are multiple narratives with multiple voices.  It definitely is closer to poetry than prose, but it's a long running story nonetheless.  I would definitely recommend reading "House of Leaves" several times before going into "Only Revolutions," though as an avid fan of his I find "Only Revolutions" to be much more complicated and rewarding.  But it takes quite a while to digest.
          Originally posted by Gnomad
          I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Let's not forget to mention how awesome Poe is while we're at it. She's brilliant. This fucking family, man. Jesus. What the fuck were they feeding these kids???

Comment

Poe... brilliant? Wow... I've never read a more incorrect statement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Like Danielewski's other work, there are multiple narratives with multiple voices.  It definitely is closer to poetry than prose, but it's a long running story nonetheless.  I would definitely recommend reading "House of Leaves" several times before going into "Only Revolutions," though as an avid fan of his I find "Only Revolutions" to be much more complicated and rewarding.  But it takes quite a while to digest.
                have you read the 50 year sword?
                i'd love to hear that one read by all of the different voices . . .

Comment

Working...
                X