Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Roland SP 808 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland SP 808 Questions

Drew, i know you have had an SP 808EX for quite some time. My girlfriend's brother has one and I am thinking about buying it off of him. I have never used a sampler before and have barely used a drum machine before. I do use an maudio keyboard to make beats to go along with my, guitar/bass music that I write, but that just doesn't quite cut it for me.
    My questions to you are, is this an easy piece of equipment to figure out? Also is their some kind of online forum or community that you go to or know of that other sp808 users go to? Or do you go to a certain place online that has samples available for download? I plan to sample on my own but I want to find something to help me get started too.

And one last question did you program those instrumental renditions of CWOA songs with your sp 808 that were played after the Filmore show?
    Thanks a lot.

hello....dino recorded those midi songs that were played after the fillmore show...they were all done with an old casio......as for the roland...i like the thing...i just use it to hold some long samples for live..it is really easy to use.....and this is my third one....they have broken down on me a lot in the past but i think it is due to lots of road travel .....there are samplers that are much better...especially if you are using them for drum sounds...i just got an mpc 1000 yesterday.......and i am sooooo excited.....

Comment

Working...
    X