Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Is it just me or...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or...

... are dredg's jams so good they could potentially be songs on their own? I don't mean as they are, as just jams... I mean the music they play really sound like they could be parts of a complete song. I've been listening to this one called "Jackin' Off With My Microphone" (anybody who has visited tool712's site knows what this is) and just the way Gavin sings "It doesn't even matter" gives me chills, and the music is just haunting.

There's even the short rock-out jam they do at the end of "18 People" in the Visions 2002 video. Stuff like this makes me jealous of the guys in the band, and depressed that I'm NOT in the band. They make such amazing music, even when they don't TRY. It's not FAIR. DAMMIT.

So yeah.. what do you think? Jams becoming songs, or no?

I read in an interview or article or something that that's pretty much how they write their music. They jam out and work from there. Maybe it's in Ask Drew...

Added after 10 minutes:

Originally posted by drew
    and as for writing new songs.....we just either play music by ourselves or get together and jam...until we hear something we like...then we put it next to something else we like...so on and so on......
    there ya go.. from the Ask Drew section

It's true though. The jams are totally awesome.
    - -- --- ----

Comment

Working...
    X