Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Italian article in Babylonmagazine.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian article in Babylonmagazine.net

...this is a review of their concert in Milan, right? I don't speak Italian, maybe someone can translate this or give us a short idea about what the article is saying? 8)

Re: Italian article in Babylonmagazine.net

Originally posted by futuresmydesign
    http://www.babylonmagazine.net/vis_live_rece.php?c=blu&nome_band=DREDG&data_live= 19%2F09%2F2005

...this is a review of their concert in Milan, right? I don't speak Italian, maybe someone can translate this or give us a short idea about what the article is saying? 8)
    I'm going to do it.... :P
    do you need a complete translation or a brief?

Comment

whatever you'd like to give us
      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
      you're pretty narcissistic
      enjoy that, nobody else does.
      Originally posted by Madklikor
      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

translation:

I’ve been really surprised by knowing that Dredg would have come to perform in Italy, because their records, here in Italy, are not distributed and not so much promoted.
        Few minutes before the show, I was a little bit scared: Dredg have been really important for me in these last years, their releases fascinated me and their last effort, "Catch without Arms", impressed me so much. I could have not tolerated a bad live performance, because something like this would have induced me to listen to their albums no more, as recently happened with System of a Down, but this is another story (cif. Carlo Lucarelli ).Anyway Dredg , the great Dredg, didn’t frustrate my hopes. I realized that I was going to see a great performance since the opening "Ode to the sun”. Inside the Transilvania there were so many people, more then I was expecting to see (about 200 people, half of the venue ). Before come in, a malicious person outside the venue was telling : “to see all these people is not justified …they will be those typical common guys with no idea of who are Dredg…they probably hear that Dredg are going to play new metal (whaaaat? Ndr)”. So, considering that everybody was singing all Dredg’s songs , and that all the audience hailed all the best songs at the second note, I can say that the malicious failed!(thanks to the Italian audience…you didn’t disappoint me!).
        Come back to the music…I’ve digressed too much . Dredg’s set list was focused on their last two works (C.W.A. and “El Cielo) . The number of the songs that were played from these two records was the same , but I have to make a big effort to remember which songs they exactly played. I’m sure that unfortunately for me they didn’t play “not that simple” and “of the room”; and I’m so sure that they performed “"Ode To The Sun", "Planting Seeds", "Catch Without Arms", "Sang Real", "Tanbark", " Hung Over on a Tuesday ", "Same Ol' Road", "Sanzen", "Sorry But It's Over", "Eighteen People Living in Harmony" and "The Canyon Behind Her", but the concert has been short ; Dredg performed for 1h and 15m and this is not so much for a band that released 3 albums.
        But I didn’t tell you how they appear on stage. Despite all, Dredg run wilde : they move a lot, in particular the drummer with his noisy way to play his instrument. But they are at first musicians, great musicians ; their songs are not ordinary (*or trivial) ,their music includes shading sounds and details that they were able to perfectly repurpose them on stage . also Gavin Heyez , the singer, is been perfect he knew how to unravel in the vocal lines’ complexity that characterize their song so clearly.A special regard goes to Dave Campanella(*ok…this is a mix between Dave Lombardo and Dino…it’s like a compliment! ) , drummer of Italian origin, the first drummer I’ve seen playing drums and keyboard at the same time (he was playing hit hat and snare with his right hand , and the keyboard with his left one). I was surprised by their way to put into the show their “Brushstroke” performed to introduce the next song and also how they used a drums sample to left the drummer's hands free to play the piano , looking at the way that they played “sang real”(from C.W.A.) .
        So, a great performance! Pity that the show was short, but I was right : Dredg play live exactly in the way that you are thinking about when you listen their albums!

note: sorry eventually for my english and ---->
        I prefer this special: http://www.taxi-driver.it/recensioni...terviewing.txt

the girl that made this interview is a really good drum player (http://www.myspace.com/charlie5band )

Comment

Awesome. Thank you for the translation, shazanna, and thanks for the article, futuresmydesign!

I'm surprised that they played 18 People and Sorry But It's Over. That seems kind of odd.. hm
          - -- --- ----

Comment

thanks for the translation
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Mille grazie, sorella
              And I am carrying baggage containing years of the memories of the people who slowly disappeared

Comment

re: Italian article in Babylonmagazine.net

WOW!!! Thank you so much, Shazanna

Comment

"Prego" to all!
                  I was finally able to help you in something!

Originally posted by matroshka
                  Mille grazie, sorella
                  Prego Fratello!(*ehm...it suonds strage! we don't use these kind of expression-sister is the way that we call a nun :lol:- ....but I appreciated it!)

Comment

Check my gender, sister It`s common to call another woman "sister"... just to show we are one of a kind..
                    Thanks again!
                    Take care
                    And I am carrying baggage containing years of the memories of the people who slowly disappeared

Comment

Originally posted by matroshka
                      Check my gender, sister It`s common to call another woman "sister"... just to show we are one of a kind..
                      Thanks again!
                      Take care
                      yes! I'm idiot...I should sleep more(and take a look around...)... ops:
                      sorry bella...

Comment

Don`t worry... we are only a few in here.
                        The more I`m pleased to meet you
                        Ciao, bellissima!

Comment

Working...
                        X