Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

STONE BY STONE..it was left off because...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STONE BY STONE..it was left off because...?

It's a great song..and I can't help wonder why it didn't make it onto Catch..maybe it didn't fit into the flow?..I would put it ahead of some of the songs on Catch.

Would others?..has Drew ever explained this?..sorry if he has or this has been talked about a lot. I did a search but didn't come up with any definitive topics specifically on this.

STONE BY STONE actually does remind me more of EL CIELO in a way..so maybe that's why?..either way, it's a great song.

Kyle
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

well it's part of the waterborne soundtrack (not sure if it was originally intended for it or not) but maybe that's why they didn't put it on catch.

hell...uplifting would have been great on there too.....but that only saw release as an import bonus track....

shrug

i'd like to know the real reason to...but in the end, it doesn't really matter...we got the song regardless
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

I think it's pretty obvious that it wouldn't have fit on the album at all.
      But other than that, I'm not even sure it was written or recorded before CWOA's release

Comment

i always thought it was more of a call back to the 2001 industry demos.....as those didn't really fit onto el cielo, in my opinion....they have the same sort of tone

Comment

re: STONE BY STONE..it was left off because...?

stone by stone wasnt part of waterborne. you can only put so many tracks on an album..i think it could have fit somewhere in there, so i dont think thats the reason...maybe they just didnt want to put it on? i thinks its pretty cool how they leave stuff off but it later gets out...also, maybe subconsiously we like it so much because it was a b-side? i find it strange that my favorite dredg songs consist of stone by stone, redrawing the island map, and running through propellars...oh and on again off again..

yeaaaaaaa.

Comment

I agree with tabriz424. I like Uplifting news and Stationary transent VERY much. And yes, Stone by Stone and most of the B-Sides are too good to be B-Sides.
            ...sounds like 100 bees...

Comment

Yet "Not That Simple" made the album?
              it was so real, like i woke up in wonderland....

Comment

heh...not that simple bashing from firefoxussr in more than one post!on the same day!:mrgreen: (i dont mind)

Comment

At the Dec. 30, 2005 show Gavin said they all wished very much that Stone by Stone was on the album - so it was something external - maybe it just wasn't done in time.

Comment

Love the song, along with Uplifting, On Again, Stationary, etc. I think it's a shame that those didn't make it while Planting Seeds and Spitshine did. I'll leave Drew to answer that one, afterall, he's a reputable source of information.
                    Save your stories cause they're all the same
                    You've had your glory
                    Throw it all away
                    If you don't you will never change cause
                    Give it time and watch your fame decay

Comment

Not That Simple is my favorite song off of Catch Without Arms. The songs I would take off the album were it my choice would be Matroshka and the title track. Those are the weaker points of the CD, and they'd be replaced with Uplifting and Stone By Stone. On Again is ok, but even if it were studio quality, I don't think I'd care much about it. And Stationary Transient is just a weird track that has some really great high points, but some really lame low points.

I'm critical, what can I say?

Comment

actually i think that's a good analysis of the b-sides....though i really do like how ode, bug eyes and cwoa flow together...and i do like matroshka...

they could have easily put 2 more songs onto the album though...i mean they put uplifting and the hyde street bug eyes onto the imports.....so is there some kind of rule stating that domestic cds have to have x # tracks, or be x length?

Comment

re: STONE BY STONE..it was left off because...?

Its not a huge deal to me, I love CWOA the way it is, and these songs just add to mix, and I think its kindof cool that only the hardcore fans know about the b-sides, its kindof like a special treat dredg gave us the loyals, and the people who just casually listen are kindof S O L. As long as they play them all live, I think were better off. I love it when i play those songs to dredg noobs and theyre blown away.
                          His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

have they ever played uplifting or on again/off again live?

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear
                              i always thought it was more of a call back to the 2001 industry demos.....as those didn't really fit onto el cielo, in my opinion....they have the same sort of tone
                              I think that the 2001 Industry Demos would fit better on CWA, but that's just my opinion.
                              Those are still some of my favorite tracks.
                              I most certainly think it would be awesome if dredg would release a 'b-sides' CD.

Comment

Working...
                              X