Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Just curious about the end of leitmotif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious about the end of leitmotif

Is the extra song at the end of the album, you know where Gavin's singing i believe "Feels so right" a full blown song? I've never heard them play it live, is it an actual song with a title? Or was it just an early version of another song? Thanks for any help
    His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Probably just rough demo stuff of them jamming and screwing around from a practice tape or something. Maybe somebody has more info, or else there is always the Ask Drew section
    I record dredg shows

Comment

as far as I know, it's not something they've ever played live, nor released on a demo

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy
        as far as I know, it's not something they've ever played live, nor released on a demo
        That sucks I think. I love balancing my stereo completely to the right speaker so i can only hear that song and not the wierd pitch thing, and I think that would be a fucking sweet full length song. Why is dredg so against playing their old stuff like lechium and the orph shit? Doesn't make sense to me, are they just not proud of it, because lots of people think thats some of their best stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BentTwig
          Originally posted by Knifeboy
          That sucks I think. I love balancing my stereo completely to the right speaker so i can only hear that song and not the wierd pitch thing, and I think that would be a fucking sweet full length song. Why is dredg so against playing their old stuff like lechium and the orph shit? Doesn't make sense to me, are they just not proud of it, because lots of people think thats some of their best stuff.
          they don’t want to promote an album that's not in print. also they're growing in their style, their early stuff is very heavy compared to their new music.

personally i'd rather hear el cielo and cwoa then orph which sounds like upper grade nu-metal.

you could always threaten them by gun point though.

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar
            personally i'd rather hear el cielo and cwoa then orph which sounds like upper grade nu-metal.

you could always threaten them by gun point though.
            I can see where your coming from, but the middle part of kayasuma where the screaming stops, and the second half of is not everything I think is some of their best best stuff, and I wish they played that stuff live. I just find it wierd that they aren't really proud of it. And live, el cielo and cwoa stuff is fucking awesome, but they give me a completely different feeling than when listening to leitmotif and orph. Leitmotif just gives me that aggressive feeling like I can concur the world, and el cielo and cwoa are just so peaceful and beatiful. Sometimes I wish they would do like two halves to a show, one that was el cielo and cwoa and just made me feel so peaceful, then a second half with leitmotif stuff and orph that makes me want to rule the world.

I guess I just have to do the gun thing.

Comment

At least they still bust out Symbol Song and Yatahaze.

Drew showed interest in possibly bringing back Kayasuma. Read the page near the bottom, post by Tool712.

Symbol Song definitely has to be the best opener, in my opinion.
              - -- --- ----

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork4168
                  http://traversing.pinkpenguins.com/viewtopic.php?t=2283
                  well said.
                  kindof disapointing for me though. Lechium is probably my favorite song (lets just hope they play it, and the new song/songs). Im still curious why they haven't been playing those songs all the time though, just seems wierd. Anyon know?

Comment

don't know either, although it would be cool to see more leitmotif songs on their set (lechium, traversing, penguins in the desert). Oh and his comment refers to a new song they MIGHT consider playing, hence "depends on how hard we work while we are home"

Comment

don't know either, although it would be cool to see more leitmotif songs on their set (lechium, traversing, penguins in the desert).
                      Ya really, but can they even play traversing live, arent there like 3 guitars playing all at once with the bass, or is mark just that good that it sounds like that

Comment

man I would LOVE to see them perform traversing. they can get a girl to sing it while gavin and mark play the guitar. i'm pretty sure it could work, I heard they played it once a long time ago.

Comment

man I would LOVE to see them perform traversing. they can get a girl to sing it while gavin and mark play the guitar. i'm pretty sure it could work, I heard they played it once a long time ago.
                          Or just have me sing it I have a beautiful falcetto voice, and Traversing is one of my top 5 songs. Then we can chant and dance together while we search for the spirit of yuta

Comment

alright then, we got ourselves a show!

Comment

and we can even where the clown outfits. What the fuck was up with that? dredg + drugs = crazy ideas like clown outfits and amazing music

Comment

Working...
                              X