Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Catch without arms inspired by Da Vinci Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch without arms inspired by Da Vinci Code

Is it me or a lot of catch without arms is inspired by the books angels & deamons and Da Vinci Code.

Why?

1. The Treasure hunt
    2. Clues hidden in paintings
    3. A song named Sang Real
    4. The Yin Yang Concept of the album

Perhaps this should be moved to ask the band?
    "No Guts, No Glory"

One of the inspirations they've listed have been those two books yes..

Comment

re: Catch without arms inspired by Da Vinci Code

May i ask you where you have seen that information? Im curious to see what else was a inspiration...

It's too bad Da Vinci Code is the most overrated book in history.
      "No Guts, No Glory"

Comment

i agree that book is over-rated.
        but yeah it did inspire the album.

Comment

Re: re: Catch without arms inspired by Da Vinci Code

Originally posted by FourDiceS
          May i ask you where you have seen that information? Im curious to see what else was a inspiration...

My brother has told me the same, which is why I haven't read the book yet.

On a completely unrelated note, tillybot, you're from the same town as me ... ? Weird.

Comment

Re: re: Catch without arms inspired by Da Vinci Code

From various interviews, I can't remember any specific ones, but it's one of the more talked about topics

That's what I hear, haven't bothered to read it.

Comment

it was quite a good read actually. made me think a bit...entertained me a bit...got me away from the internet for a bit...

however, i seem to enjoy things a lot more than some other people, mainly because i don't care what others are saying about things and view/listen/read whatever it is for myself before i make an opinion.

i find that a lot of people thought the book was over rated more upon the fact that they were upset from reading the book in some way...

ie.

1. the book made them think about christianity in a way that differed from what they had been told all their life...and thinking outside that bubble really made them mad

2. the book didn't give all the answers and didn't totally destroy the credibility of christianity so people would get upset in that they didn't have a new bible to follow...

it's just a book...will always be just a book (and movie)....

a bit of a rant not directed towards anyone....i've been doing that a lot lately...hrm
              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
              you're pretty narcissistic
              enjoy that, nobody else does.
              Originally posted by Madklikor
              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

I'm sort of annoyed by the people who treat it with any form of credibility whatsoever.
                It's a book, very loosely based on real events.. And that's it.
                I might read it some day when people stop talking about it all the time

Comment

exactly...it's a book....no reason for it to be overrated heh

Comment

Definitely an interesting read. I finished it much quicker than I finish most books. But I don't think it was as great as everyone makes it out to be. Definitely made me think, though .. even though I've heard much of it was either incorrect or taken exactly from other books.
                    - -- --- ----

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear
                      it was quite a good read actually. made me think a bit...entertained me a bit...got me away from the internet for a bit...

however, i seem to enjoy things a lot more than some other people, mainly because i don't care what others are saying about things and view/listen/read whatever it is for myself before i make an opinion.

i find that a lot of people thought the book was over rated more upon the fact that they were upset from reading the book in some way...

ie.

1. the book made them think about christianity in a way that differed from what they had been told all their life...and thinking outside that bubble really made them mad

2. the book didn't give all the answers and didn't totally destroy the credibility of christianity so people would get upset in that they didn't have a new bible to follow...

it's just a book...will always be just a book (and movie)....

a bit of a rant not directed towards anyone....i've been doing that a lot lately...hrm
                      I found it hard to finish. It's over-rated because by best seller you usually expect something impressive and it's not. Don't get me wrong, it is good read. I just think that Angels & Demons was better in every single way IMO.

There is a lot of better books than Da Vinci Code that deserv a best selling title...
                      "No Guts, No Glory"

Comment

oh angels and demons was definetly better than da vinci.....that was a really good book

Comment

I found it hard to finish. It's over-rated because by best seller you usually expect something impressive and it's not. Don't get me wrong, it is good read. I just think that Angels & Demons was better in every single way IMO.

There is a lot of better books than Da Vinci Code that deserv a best selling title...
                          See, I've always thought of Bestsellers as books that aren't really impressive, but more of just page turners. Like Da Vinci Code.
                          - -- --- ----

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed both the Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons.
                            However, anyone who takes them as fact is pretty much a moron

Comment

hi this is my first time here and i heard that there was some cool dredg fans here

Comment

Working...
                              X