Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

This is the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyte30351
    replied
    Re: This is the end

And I’ll post my query here too, does anyone have a copy of Three Hour Banana, the CWA documentary? I lost mine in a HD crash a while back and it’s gone from their store.

Leave a comment:

• fonzbear2000
    replied

Originally posted by ReaperKK View Post
    Damn that sucks, have you looked into simple machines as an alternative for forums. I hosted a small site a while back using it and it worked fairly well.
    And like I already suggested, you can start a forum for FREE here: https://www.proboards.com/create-free-forum

Yes, we would probably have to start completely over, but you could make a post telling everyone to go there and maybe leave this forum open for a bit longer until all the regular posters sign up. Ars, what are your thoughts on this?

Leave a comment:

• Volvox
    replied

I just checked my join date. June 26th, 2005.

Thank you for everything!

Leave a comment:

• ReaperKK
    replied

Damn that sucks, have you looked into simple machines as an alternative for forums. I hosted a small site a while back using it and it worked fairly well.

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

Originally posted by PapaSkot View Post
    Sad. Too bad for the short notice, could possibly help you out. What do you need for hosting? What version of php?
    Think this version caps at 5.x

Leave a comment:

• PapaSkot
    replied

Sad. Too bad for the short notice, could possibly help you out. What do you need for hosting? What version of php?

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

You got me in my feels!

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

Originally posted by Mr Rogers View Post
    Nooooooo!

I get it though.

Edit: What would an upgrade actually cost?
    It would only be about $250 now. But it also feels like it's fighting a neverending battle at times. And I don't know what the man-hours in upgrading would actually be, and how much custom stuff we currently have that would actually work on the latest. We're more than a full release behind.
    ---
    Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
    I understand why, but it's unfortunate, if for no other reason, but the history.

I wonder if there's a way to Archive it?
    I'm not planning to get rid of the DB. And I may see if there's some cheaper option I can do, but it definitely won't look as nice. And not sure if it would be easy to port the DB.

Leave a comment:

• Kyte30351
    replied

Can’t say I’m surprised, but definitely bummed. Shit only a few days to go.

Leave a comment:

• SoundscapeMN
    replied

I understand why, but it's unfortunate, if for no other reason, but the history.

I wonder if there's a way to Archive it?

Leave a comment:

• fonzbear2000
    replied

You should start a new free forum using this: https://www.proboards.com/create-free-forum

Leave a comment:

• Mr Rogers
    replied

Nooooooo!

I get it though.

Edit: What would an upgrade actually cost?
    Last edited by Mr Rogers; February 27, 2020, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    started a topic This is the end

This is the end

Hey guys and gals. It's been a long road.... but I think this may be the end for Traversing. I know the guys are working on new stuff, but we're on a very dated and insecure version of the forum software currently, and it's not cheap to upgrade. On March 5, my hosting company will be killing the current version of PHP this board runs on.... and with no real upgrade path (without a decent investment), I think this is the end for our community.

We do have our Facebook group if people want to try and keep things going there, but I sadly think it's time to call it a day here.

- Ars
Working...
X