Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Mark Engles was on the Ink & Echo podcast this week to talk dredg, Black Map, +more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Engles was on the Ink & Echo podcast this week to talk dredg, Black Map, +more

Download the episode here. Mark's interview begins at 20:21 minutes.

Among other things, he discusses how Black Map formed, their upcoming album and current tour, and he even touches on the writing/recording processes for CWOA, Pariah/Parrot/Delusion, and his perception of what went wrong with Chuckles & Mr. Squeezy. Lastly, he tells a freaking great story regarding dredg playing shows in Belgium and Drew pranking the whole band.

Re: Mark Engles was on the Ink & Echo podcast this week to talk dredg, Black Map, +mo

cool!
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Re: Mark Engles was on the Ink & Echo podcast this week to talk dredg, Black Map, +mo

Great!!! Cheers for sharing!
      We are all part of the problem

Comment

Nice interview! Makes me more excited to hear the new Black Map album fer sure! And towards the end of the interview it sounds like he confirms everyone in dredg is ready to make somethin' new!
        Originally posted by Gnomad
        How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Wow, I was at that show in Berlin Mark is talking about in the end. It was intense! You can even spot me in the video...
          Blast off, it's party time!

Comment

I'll have to check it out at home. No iTunes at the office.
            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

it sounds like Black Map is really on his plate for 2017. The guys are going to work on new music, but I wouldn't expect a new record in 2017, maybe 2018 or 2019 unless something escalates.

That being said, I agree, the new Black Map albums sounds promising.
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Any chance to listen to the interview on some other platform? iTunes is unavailable for me, and I'm really interested to hear what Mark said here, especially the studios and albums chat.

Comment

You're very welcome!
                  Blast off, it's party time!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Rogers View Post
                    http://www.inkandecho.com/

You're very welcome!
                    Thanks!

Comment

Enjoyed the interview. I'd like it if Black Map came around my neck of the woods and obviously a new dredg album would be great.

Comment

I actually exchanged some messages with Mark this morning and he implied there may be future dredg shows coming, that they are planning to start writing new music soon, and that Black Map are planning some tours for late spring.
                        I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                        I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                        A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                        To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

I guess my only disappointment in both the Mark and Drew interviews was that no one asked 'bout all the unreleased and "b-side" songs.
                          Originally posted by Gnomad
                          How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Working...
                          X