Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Unknow by Dirty South - An copy of Matroska and The Ornament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unknow by Dirty South - An copy of Matroska and The Ornament?

Hey guys, im a visitor of this board and an dredg fan for a long time, but just registered now to share this with you.
    I was watching the tv show "How to Get Away With Murder" and a song starts to play, and im like, "omg, dredg?". But no, its another song, check it out:

Let's share some love and music:https://www.facebook.com/theedmmachine●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●Download Dirty South’s album “With You”: http:/...

Its identical to the end of Matroshka from el cielo, and The Ornament from Chuckles.
    What you guys think?

Re: The Unknow by Dirty South - An copy of Matroska and The Ornament?

That sounds like a straight up ripoff.

Also, Matroshka was on Catch Without Arms, not El Cielo.

Comment

Yep, straight up steal.

...though it looks like he's a DJ so maybe he just sampled it and gave them credit? I've never really understood the proper ethics of DJ sampling, so I'm not sure if it's a straight up steal or legitly used.
      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Yeah, he's a dj, but theres lyrics on top of it, and i looked up everywhere for the credits of the song, couldnt find it.

Comment

It's not a sample. They pulled a Vanilla Ice. There's an extra note in there, so it sounds like they deliberately did just enough with it to make it not theft. I lost my shit about this when I heard it used on the trailer for Marco Pollo.
          A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Someone should let the guys know. They should be getting paid for this.
            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

I tweeted Drew about it a little over a year ago. I said "Dude, what's up with this Marco Polo music?" and he replied with "I have no idea"

Argh, I wish I hadn't gone back to look at the fucking comments for that Marco Polo video. It kills me to see so many people saying "What's the name of the song?!" and being told it's this crap. I've made a few posts about it saying that it's actually dredg being ripped off with links to Skeleton Keys, The Ornament, and Matroshka.
              A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

what a shame....they should really sue them....seriously....

Had a case a couple of years back where a German Rapper ripped off the band Antimatter (he actually took 2 (!) melodies from Antimatter songs....) and i told them about it. They sued them and got quite sth out of it....
                Maybe post it on their Facebook page? I dunno...
                Last edited by Morpheus; November 10, 2015, 12:23 PM.
                We are all part of the problem

Comment

It sounds similar, but I stand by what I said last year when someone posted about this: it's not exactly a complicated chord progression. It's possible that they ripped it off, which would be shitty, but... it's also possible that the guy independently discovered that these 4 notes sound pretty good together.
                  - -- --- ----

Comment

Working...
                  X