Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Where is Dredg?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Dredg?!

Seriously! It's so sad when I search for them and can find absolutely nothing in the way of recent news of their whereabouts or activities or anything nor can I even find any fans who seem too concerned! I'm not talking about here really, but I'm coming here because I'm sure someone knows something..

They aren't broken up are they?!
    Life's a zoo, be an animal
    "keep the p-vibes flowin"

Re: Where is Dredg?!

they just played a show a few weeks ago.

not broken up. currently on a break though. maybe writing again in the not too distant future.

that's all.
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

I know how you feel. I've been following By Sunlight's new album for what feels like forever. I finally got the lead singer's attention simply by asking if there was any update (since they've been saying for a while now that it's coming out "soon") and he wrote me an email with a link to the album saying that they've wanted to put it out for a while but are taking "a break."

With dredg, they're at least active in the sense that they just did a show and the members haven't vanished.
      A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

A lot of good bands just seem to have disappeared. Add Fair to Midland to the list. At least we got that super-depressing message from Brett, though. The only info came from a former member.
        I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
        I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
        A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
        To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
          I know how you feel. I've been following By Sunlight's new album for what feels like forever. I finally got the lead singer's attention simply by asking if there was any update (since they've been saying for a while now that it's coming out "soon") and he wrote me an email with a link to the album saying that they've wanted to put it out for a while but are taking "a break."

With dredg, they're at least active in the sense that they just did a show and the members haven't vanished.
          Are you telling me you have a copy of By Sunlight's unreleased album? If so....
          - -- --- ----

Comment

Well there's this.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Drew will be touring/playing bass for Psychic Babble this winter.
            opening for Anthony Green.
            Tour dates up @ www.anthonygreenschildren.com/#tour

Comment

They changed the name of the band.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
              Last edited by Royalboy; October 2, 2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Drew seems to be the most publicly active (just like always) with his painting endeavors and now touring with Psychic Babble.

Mark is in the band Black Maps (which I have yet to hear) and he's also been dabbling in production work for bands in the Bay Area.

I have no idea what Gavin and Dino are up to musically/artistically.

I kind of feel like we'll get a west coast reunion tour in a few years, and if the interest is there - from the fans AND the band - then maybe, just maybe they'll put together some new music...

...of course I hope I'm wrong and they surprise us with an album announcement in a few months.
                Originally posted by vsd
                ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
                  Drew seems to be the most publicly active (just like always) with his painting endeavors and now touring with Psychic Babble.

Mark is in the band Black Maps (which I have yet to hear) and he's also been dabbling in production work for bands in the Bay Area.

I have no idea what Gavin and Dino are up to musically/artistically.

I kind of feel like we'll get a west coast reunion tour in a few years, and if the interest is there - from the fans AND the band - then maybe, just maybe they'll put together some new music...

...of course I hope I'm wrong and they surprise us with an album announcement in a few months.
                  Dino has done some drumming with The Limousines in the past. Wouldn't be too surprised if he's doing something similar with others. He just doesn't have much of a social media presence.
                  Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                  Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Mark was/is involved with the New Mexico based band Evarusnik, whose new record "In a Poker Slash Refrain" came out earlier this year and included some of his services.

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

For some reason, i feel like Drew is the only guy who wants to keep the band going.

Mark also seems like he still wants to make music but as a producer.

The last i heard of Gavin is that he had a job and maybe that's why he is not doing nothing musically at the moment.

dredg will be back, i can feel it. In fact, i still believe they have the best album in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalboy View Post
                        In fact, i still believe they have the best album in them.
                        I certainly hope so!
                        Originally posted by Gnomad
                        How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Originally posted by amitface View Post
                          Are you telling me you have a copy of By Sunlight's unreleased album? If so....
                          Why yes... yes, I do have a copy of that there album! I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but I did listen to four tracks that they put up on soundcloud (which I loved). The first track is pretty amazing.

I'll send you a PM with the link. If anyone else would like it, feel free to let me know!
                          A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

They just played a show a few weeks ago, jeez.

Comment

Yeah, they did. But, CAMS came out nearly two and a half years ago. There has been no new music and no word on them working on anything at all. It's not like them, comparatively speaking.

There are a lot of factors working against hope that they will continue on. That doesn't mean there isn't hope.
                              A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Working...
                              X