Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

CAMS B-Sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CAMS B-Sides

I always looked at The Ornament as "that piece of ridiculously great music from 'Waterborne.'" I've never been upset about what they've done with it because it was an evolving piece to me. I can see why people would be upset with what we wound up getting, but I personally love that track on CAMS. It's one of my favorites. HARP, on the other hand, was just a demo, a hidden jewel. One of those things that I felt blessed to have heard at all, let alone have available in multiple forms over a few releases. I totally see that perspective though.
    A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

and that history DVD that was originally going to be a Making Of CWA?

only just talk still..
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
        I always looked at The Ornament as "that piece of ridiculously great music from 'Waterborne.'" I've never been upset about what they've done with it because it was an evolving piece to me. I can see why people would be upset with what we wound up getting, but I personally love that track on CAMS. It's one of my favorites. HARP, on the other hand, was just a demo, a hidden jewel. One of those things that I felt blessed to have heard at all, let alone have available in multiple forms over a few releases. I totally see that perspective though.
        Was it originally from Waterborne? I think that was the first "studio" recording of it, but they were playing it as the outro at most shows at that time. That outro version is by far my favorite. The minimalist vocals. Ooh-woo-ooh was my favorite part I just feel like adding more to that song just weighed it down.

Not to mention the production overload that was CAMS....
        I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
        I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
        A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
        To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Fair enough, my first exposure to it was from the "Waterborne" score. Knowing dredg, that particular riff has been kicking around since they first started practicing together. But that just goes to prove that it's been an evolving piece, clearly never out of touch with the band over the years. The good thing is that we do still have all the various versions of it available to us. I like what they wound up doing with it, each time.

Hell, it just occurred to me that you can absolutely hear "Information" in the "Waterborne" score. It's really too bad they never did officially release that. It fits right alongside one of my other favorite film scores of all time, "Angels of the Universe" which gave us this insanely beautiful track from Sigur Ros:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTGLiV6QwZA
          Last edited by Fawst; January 19, 2012, 03:02 PM.
          A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
            Hell, it just occurred to me that you can absolutely hear "Information" in the "Waterborne" score. It's really too bad they never did officially release that. It fits right alongside one of my other favorite film scores of all time, "Angels of the Universe" which gave us this insanely beautiful track from Sigur Ros:
            Actually, the working title of Information was Waterborne. I'm pretty sure that's how it appeared on setlists when they first started playing it live.

As for great scores, Jonsi from Sigur Ros recently did the We Bought a Zoo score. I'm downloading it now.
            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

"Information" was indeed first referred to on setlists as "Waterborne." And didn't they record "The Ornament" during the TPTPTD sessions but not release it? I'd be interested to hear that version.
              Originally posted by Gnomad
              How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

yeah they did. I remember hearing when they released that Entire Album track for PPD. I'm sure it's a better version. but I'm just a cynical dredg fan
                How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

Originally posted by Volvox View Post
                  That is correct.
                  still, it wasn't on the US edition and it's not really a well known song. i'd love to see it performed live & on a b-sides album.
                  last.fm

Comment

Working...
                  X