Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Live Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live Video

Thank you very much.
    last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
      You should add this to the Live Music Archive: http://www.archive.org/details/dredg
      Good idea! I'll have try to do that later today.

Comment

Huh, they didn't play The Tent that night, eh? That's too bad, because with the "added beef," it was really good when they played it in Boston.
        A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
          Huh, they didn't play The Tent that night, eh? That's too bad, because with the "added beef," it was really good when they played it in Boston.
          I bet! But nope...they didn't play it. I was pretty damn happy with the set. The only thing I would have tossed is Whoa is Me/90 Hour Sleep in favor of Hungover on a Tuesday/Down to the Cellar, personally.

Comment

that request makes no sense.

i understand it's opinion based, but in this instance, i think mine is better than yours
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
              I think they actually dropped the tent from their setlists a week or so after the Boston and NYC shows. I noticed even on their spring tour that they seemed to stop playing it live after a certain point, not at all on the Euro tour, and it seems to be gone on the West Coast tour now.

Frankly, I understand. As the song is now, it's too damn long and repetitive. I think it "sounds" excellent live, but they need to shorten it and rework the chorus to make it actually "work" live...if that makes any sense. As is, it totally sapped the energy from the crowd IMO. It feels like it will never end, and its just awkward hearing Gavin say the same blasted line over and over and over in the chorus. That said, I think the tone and overall sound of the song is awesome...it just feels half-baked structure-wise, and that translated to a bored audience. /rant

It's sad actually. I wouldn't be surprised if the song doesn't get played live again for a while (if ever). I like the song, or at least the potential of the song.

Comment

It seemed to disappear around the time that they found out... I could be wrong, though.
                I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                  It seemed to disappear around the time that they found out... I could be wrong, though.
                  Snaps. Forgot about that. Would be interesting if that's played a part.

Comment

I highly doubt that's the case, considering that whole thing came up WELL before the Boston show... Maybe they just took a band poll and decided that was gonna get the cut. Ah well, at least I saw them play it live (unlike some other songs I'd kill to hear in person -- like Running Through Propellers, or Symbol Song/Movement I).
                    A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

I've seen all of those... but I'd like to forget The Tent.
                      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
                        that request makes no sense.

i understand it's opinion based, but in this instance, i think mine is better than yours
                        Hahaha.
                        But seriously.

Comment

Working...
                        X