Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Live Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Video

I took HD video of dredg's entire set (Mark indicated over Twitter that the band was cool with taping before I filmed and I confirmed that with him in person after the show) for personal use *and* fan/community enjoyment. That's why I'm posting this here. This video is from July 24, 2011 show in Boise, Idaho.

This video was recorded with a camera that has two condensor mics on it - so the audio is far from crappy cell phone level quality. In fact, the video is 1080p HD and the audio was recorded as 24bit/96khz WAV (though YouTube compressed audio down to their specs, of course).

Here is the entire set (in order):

dredg - "Another Tribe"

dredg - "Upon Returning"

dredg - "Not That Simple"

dredg - "Bug Eyes"

dredg - "Information"

dredg - "Whoa is Me"

dredg - "90 Hour Sleep"

dredg - "Light Switch"

dredg - "Planting Seeds"

dredg - "Down Without a Fight"

dredg - "Pariah"

dredg - "Of The Room"

dredg - "The Thought of Losing You"

dredg - "The Canyon Behind Her"

Last but not least, here is a Fair To Midland video I recorded:

Fair To Midland - "Whiskey and Ritalin"

Here is a link to a MegaUpload zip file of the entire dredg set's audio: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TEMA0IXG
    The audio is 16 bit/44.1khz 320 m4a files.

If you dig around my YouTube channel, you'll also find that I have nearly the entirety of the Deftones' set at the hometown (Sacramento) Chi Cheng benefit show. I only missed Root and Passenger. So if you like these vids or you like the Deftones, you might check those out too.

Enjoy!

-Evan
    Last edited by Tryptonique; July 28, 2011, 09:17 PM. Reason: added a link for the show's audio so people could download and enjoy! :)

Re: Live Video

Thanks!

Comment

Thx alot for these videos, they sound awesome. Can't wait to see all o them when I get home from work!

Comment

For sure. I know how much *I* enjoy stuff like this as a hardcore fan, so half of the fun for me when I'm taping is knowing that someone out there will enjoy the fact that I invested in a non-shitty camera with decent audio. Even if only 10 people really enjoy what I've done, I feel a genuine sense of pleasure in the fact that I got to not only enjoy the show when I saw it, but that I got to bring some of that to people who care about these bands as much as I do.

If you know dredg fans that aren't on this site who will appreciate these vids, let them know.

-Evan
        Last edited by Tryptonique; July 29, 2011, 06:01 AM.

Comment

thanks a lot, sounds great!
          We are all part of the problem

Comment

Great vids, thanks for sharing!

Did Gavin have a cold? He seems to be struggling throughout the show, especially at the end. Can't hit the high notes, cutting himself off during falsetto parts. Poor guy, seems pretty rough. Hope his voice is doing alright. He was pitch-perfect back in the spring.

Comment

He says at the beginning of Planting Seeds that his voice "isn't working" during the show. I'm guessing it is just mild vocal strain. He had to cancel the San Fran and Sac shows on the last U.S tour because of laryngitis. I think it is a combination of him pushing too hard and unhealthy conditions while turing. I talked to Mark a bit after the show and he mentioned that Gavin had been up most of the night driving before that Sacramento show that got cancelled and he seemed to think that had something to do with it. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled driving detail from Seattle to Boise (a long drive) and possibly had some vocal strain from the night before and even a light cold. Those things could combine to allow him to perform but might make it tougher. I think he didn't want to push it at 100% because he didn't want to have to cancel dates again.

Comment

Great vids man, thanks for sharing!
                I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

awesome. thanks for sharing.

Comment

Yeah, thanks for the contribution, man.

Comment

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but here is the link to the show's audio if you guys want to download it:

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the videos!

Comment

Second guitarist = More beef = More awesome. Thanks for these.
                        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by cribble View Post
                          Second guitarist = More beef = More awesome. Thanks for these.
                          I'd totally be cool with Ben joining full time as a band member. I love his vocal ability. Backing vocals also = more beef too. He has the ability to harmonize pretty well and he can help Gavin ease his voice a bit too.

Glad you're enjoying 'em!

Comment

Great recordings! Thanks a lot!
                            Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Originally posted by Tryptonique View Post
                              Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but here is the link to the show's audio if you guys want to download it:

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the videos!
                              You should add this to the Live Music Archive: http://www.archive.org/details/dredg
                              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Working...
                              X