Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

What would you ask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you ask?

If you could ask the band anything, what would it be? The reason I ask is that I might have the opportunity to do so in the near future and have never interviewed anyone; I need some ideas...
    We gotta break down these barricades, everyone has AIDS!

Re: What would you ask?

I know this has been asked before, but I like hearing bands (especially dredg) talk about whether they have a direction in mind when they approach writing an album, or if they write the album and it seems to flow itself into a specific approach.

You can always ask them what they're listening to, maybe their favorite album of the year.

Comment

I was going to ask the latter for sure. I definitely don't want to sounds repetitive.

Comment

haha just don't ask Drew if he's ever been told he looks like Mac from Always Sunny in Philadelphia. My friend asked him that at the Colorado Springs show and he kind of pissed him off, lol. Really chill dude though.
        How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

Most bizarre thing a fan has ever given them (non-sexual).

Comment

what would they do for a klondike bar?
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

maybe ask them how reactions to the new songs were at gigs. Like in conversations afterwards.
              And what their plans for the rest of the year are. More touring or writing new songs etc.
              You could also ask about their gigs with Linking Park and System of a down.
              We are all part of the problem

Comment

Favorite band to tour with maybe?

Comment

Ask them who the biggest crybaby of the band is.

Comment

Or, their favorite things to do in between cities while not performing/rehearsing fo a gig. (i.e. what their favorite places in certain cities are)
                    A Drifter's Dream

Comment

Good ones, keep 'em coming, folks!

Comment

Ask if they have any plans for any more album shows like the one in Germany, and the Leitmotif sets in California. Then take the time to really encourage them to one in Oklahoma.

Comment

They did Leitmotif and El Cielo in September 2006 in Santa Cruz CA.
                          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

i actually asked them something similar to that....well as a tour, not a single show....it would be cool either way

Would there be a chance where dredg would do a tour where they played one of their releases from front to back, and if so what album would you choose?
                            Gavin Hayes: Yes, we have played "Leitmotif,” "El Cielo,” and "Pariah" in their entirety, but not as a tour. We have explored the idea though.
                            my question is:

milk chocolate or dark chocolate???

SRS QUESTION
                            last.fm

Comment

If I was able to, I would ask any of the members of Dredg why they try so hard.

This latest album is the worst outcome of their trying to be different to date. It's as bad as Conscious but from a different angle. Give in to it? I don't "get it?" No thanks and not true. I've listened to it at least three times, but I am not feeling it. It's a huge mistake and deep down, they know it was, too. Obviously they're not going to admit something like that themselves, but it seems pretty clear to me from their response(s) and enthusiasm (or lack thereof). As far as the promotion goes, this album is deader than Pariah was. It's such a shame, because Dredg is a good band.

Actually, I just caught myself there. They WERE a good band. I hate to put it that way, but their latest streak is garbage. I've never been an El Cielo freak (good as it may be), so this shift has nothing to do with expectations along that level. Instead, I just see them being less interested, excited, inspired, etc. Plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X