Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Video and Single? Where? When?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video and Single? Where? When?

a dredg video in HD is quite the sight. first 'i don't know' and now this. i dig it.

Comment

this video has really thickened the song for me...as is the case with almost all other music videos. i didn't really like the song before, as it was kind of stale to me...but the video really brought it to life. now when i hear the song, i see clips of the video in my head.

Comment

HAHA great video, it makes me like the song a little more.... I lol'd
        play ketchup

Comment

^ Yeah, the more I watch it, the more I love it...

NE0N RAiNB0W C0L0RS! : D

Comment

I love this video! I take it as the band having fun and not trying to take things too seriously. Maybe they do have a message (and maybe I'll send that PM and see what Gnomad is thinking...) behind the video that ties into the lyrics, but I gotta imagine they just thought it would be fun to dress up in suits, take a shower, and jump in a pool.

Comment

Originally posted by DforDrums View Post
              I take it as the band having fun and not trying to take things too seriously.
              Yes.

Hope to see a video for TToLY somewhere down the road too...

Comment

My unsolicited idea:

The girls selling the Venus Superstar Magic Drink are supposed to be record labels. They are selling what seems to be a quick and cheap way to stardom. The band accepts then pays the price. (Catch Without Arms) The dressing room represents how they've changed, yet stayed the same. (TPTPTD) The shower is the band cleansing themselves in a foolish way (before entering the pool) before moving on (going their separate ways, possibly breaking up). Once they've entered the deep end (this time of unease post-TPTPTD), an outside influence comes along (the lifeguard/DTA) and they realize they should just be having some fun (CAMS). Along comes the homeless man (the fans who feel like they have no place to call their own without another El Cielo) who pisses all over their good time (literally). But, surprise! They are really being jizzed all over by those same fans because they love that album so fucking much. So the band goes from being shocked and upset to getting over it and realizing it's nothing to be upset about (much like the fans should). In the end, they see the homeless man for what he is/represents: children, pissing and moaning, finally giving way to the essence of what they are: unattainable hopes and dreams (the sand). Along comes the record label to harvest those hopes and dreams to pass along to the next sorry band to take their fool's gold.

Or maybe they just thought it would be funny to goof the fuck off and film it.
                A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

it's close to what i was thinking of. you took it a bit further though. nice.
                    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                    you're pretty narcissistic
                    enjoy that, nobody else does.
                    Originally posted by Madklikor
                    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

That was an excellent read, I must say. This is where it kinda curved for me though:

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
                      Along comes the homeless man (the fans who feel like they have no place to call their own without another El Cielo) who pisses all over their good time (literally). But, surprise! They are really being jizzed all over by those same fans because they love that album so fucking much.
                      Are there really that many fans out there who fit this description? I would hardly say it's an album to jizz over, especially if you're one of the older fans or one of those people who held a grudge at first. I would think that most of the people who were holding an El Cielo or PPD grudge are still sticking by their opinions, rather than "coming around", so to speak. I think that's kinda what happened with the release of CWA after El Cielo, but not with this release after PPD. But I don't know, this is really the only place I see opinions about dredg and their music. Maybe Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are different.

And again, I really enjoyed reading that. It's a hell of a lot better than anything I could come up with. I really don't get that deep into analyzing music videos. I just like to experience them without words :]

Comment

when i was interpreting the old man, i was interpreting him as that, an old tired man, more than i thought he was thinking about him being homeless and/or representing el cielo fans. Just that he was the embodiment of an 'old dredg fan' and that his pissing act was very childish and at first the band wanted to avoid it, but once they it caught up to them, they didn't think it was really all that bad, and then they even found enjoyment in getting 'pissed' on by their childish fans.
                        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                        you're pretty narcissistic
                        enjoy that, nobody else does.
                        Originally posted by Madklikor
                        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Someone should send these interpretations to Drew...see how he responds. Probably enigmatically. Even so, worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by dsv View Post
                            Ouch, my fucking eyes!

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by dsv View Post
                              That was an excellent read, I must say. This is where it kinda curved for me though:

Originally Posted by Fawst
                              Along comes the homeless man (the fans who feel like they have no place to call their own without another El Cielo) who pisses all over their good time (literally). But, surprise! They are really being jizzed all over by those same fans because they love that album so fucking much.

Are there really that many fans out there who fit this description? I would hardly say it's an album to jizz over, especially if you're one of the older fans or one of those people who held a grudge at first. I would think that most of the people who were holding an El Cielo or PPD grudge are still sticking by their opinions, rather than "coming around", so to speak. I think that's kinda what happened with the release of CWA after El Cielo, but not with this release after PPD. But I don't know, this is really the only place I see opinions about dredg and their music. Maybe Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are different.

And again, I really enjoyed reading that. It's a hell of a lot better than anything I could come up with. I really don't get that deep into analyzing music videos. I just like to experience them without words :]
                              Thanks! I have to admit, I didn't put a lot of heavy thought into this. It just kinda clicked when I sat and really paid attention to it on my second viewing. The part you quote was written poorly by me. What I meant to say wasn't that the fans suddenly fell in love with CAMS, but that the band interprets the pissing and moaning as a positive because those fans are complimenting them in a back-handed way ("wah, it's not El Cielo" becomes "El Cielo is so amazing, nothing else can compare," for instance). That in turn becomes the deconstruction of the pissy old man into a child into dust. Sorry for the bad description the first time around (though I dunno if this one is any better...)!

EDIT: This one wasn't any better. To completely clarify, when I wrote "They are really being jizzed all over by those same fans because they love that album so fucking much," I should have had it say "They are really being jizzed all over by those same fans because they love El Cielo so fucking much."
                              Last edited by Fawst; July 27, 2011, 03:26 PM.
                              A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

^ Ahh, haha. Yeah I like that a lot more. Clears it up nicely! :]

Comment

Working...
                                X