Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Mark Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Interview

New interview with Mark:

Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.
    How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Re: Mark Interview

that was really interesting. nice to get mark's perspective on it.
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Of everyone in the band, Mark always provides the most information. It's a shame he doesn't get involved in more interviews.
      words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

thanks for the link. great stuff. Mark is really a concrete person.
        <- This dog is smoking a pipe.

Your argument is invalid.

Comment

Great interview, thanks from me as well!
          I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

great interview, thanks

Comment

"Do you have a favorite song on the new album you like to play?

Play or listen to?

I’d say play, as this one isn’t the big guitar rock record, like you said, so I was wondering which one of them appeals to you the most to perform.

We’re actually starting rehearsal today, so I haven’t played any of them live, per se, except for “Upon Returning” which we played on our last tour with Circa Survive. I love playing that live. But that’s the only one from the new record that we’ve had in the set list. So today, actually after I talk to you I’ll drive to meet the guys and start working out how to put this thing together live."

Seems to deflect the question there.
              ---
              Originally posted by Mark
              Sure, I think we will in the future. This album is a different type of album and we’ve already started talking about some ideas of what could be next in that realm. If you look at our career, I think a lot of our albums are reactions to what we just did. Catch Without Arms was definitely a reaction to El Cielo, just a lot heavier, good rock. Even Pariah was, 4 years later, this kind of long and all over the place, stylistically. This new one is very streamlined and not really a concept record. I think we’d really like to do more of that in the future, for sure.
              While I'm still not sold on the format of this record, this quote makes me feel better about the direction they're going.

Mark gives the best interviews, but that dude is like a phantom. I have had good, long conversations about utter bullshit with every other member on multiple occasions, but with Mark it usually ends at greetings. He's certainly a nice guy, though.
              I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
              I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
              A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
              To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Have you ever been approached, and would you like to be, by the Rock Band or Guitar Hero franchises?

... That sort of thing is great, but I wish kids realized it has nothing to do with actually playing the guitar.

But it has everything to do with having fun. And if it was in Rock Band 3, it would have EVERYTHING to do with actually playing the guitar. Get on that shit.
                A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Solid interview

Comment

Don't know if this has already been posted? Mark talks about the music video they just filmed and another one to be shot this month. Nice!

With 25 years of service MusicRemedy is pulling the plug. Interested? Contact us and make us an offer!
                    bring her back...

Comment

So wait, Upon Returning is the first single?

Comment

First video I guess.
                        How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I had a great time during this interview and got a lot out of talking with someone I've followed for so long. I've received a lot of traffic from this place already!

I used to frequent this site many years ago and it's great to see it going strong. The question I asked about fan sites and dedication was directly influenced by the creation of this board and the time I spent reading it.

Comment

“This is the progression dredgdredg fans who also happen to dig Dan The Automator’s work with Lovage and Gorillaz.”

They're now called dredgdredg, like Bam-Bam.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post

They're now called dredgdredg, like Bam-Bam.
                              Hey, I like it! It fits with Gavin's lyrical style, too.
                              Originally posted by vsd
                              ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Working...
                              X