Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Dredg Means Healing, But How Has It Healed You Guys? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dredg Means Healing, But How Has It Healed You Guys? :)

Dredg has healed me in many ways I don't even know where to start. However, my first experience upon hearing them was a healing one for me indeed. In July 2005, when I was under rather stressful living conditions and left the house for the day, a random song ("Bug Eyes") came on some underground rock/metal station in Hudson County, NJ (where I lived at that time), and I was immediately under the beautiful spell of the music (a spell that has not been broken since and hope never becomes broken). A week later, I find them in Blender magazine, and eagerly read an article, regarding a review for Catch Without Arms.

In the present time (well, 5 months ago, to be exact), dredg has even further ceaselessly healed me, with the help of a great friend. I had just split from a complicated relationship and was stressed to the point where a headache ensued. My friend then said, "Put Gavin in your ears if you can't go to sleep fast. He will help you relax and fall into the land of dreams." This worked. Believe it or not, the nightly ritual of allowing dredg to sing me these lullabies has helped prevent me from having nightmares, and I can sleep well throughout the night because of them. They continue to heal me in more ways than one can imagine...
    Sorry if this was too lengthy, but I just had to share. Now, it's your turn.
    A Drifter's Dream

Re: Dredg Means Healing, But How Has It Healed You Guys?

dredg means healing? In what language?
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

this is adorable

Comment

I remember what it was like to be 15

I also stopped when I wasn't.

Comment

Awesome story. dredg has healed me a bit in ways too, got me through some hard times. Where in Jersey you from, wondering if I met you at a show before.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
            Mental, emotional, spiritual, etc...
            [QUOTE=gtrplyr7;176776]I'll never stop looking for new music but I find the older I get, the less new music appeals to me and the more I end up going back to older stuff. I think everyone has that decade of music that they could really relate to. For me, it was the 90s...[/QUOTE]
            [QUOTE=Gnomad;176814]I don't look for new or old music. I kind of just let it find me. I prefer it that way. I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to like certain things. It's all about being in the right setting and mood when you first hear it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
              Any language, Ars. Their music can heal in so many ways, this is what I meant whe I said "dredg means healing".
              ---
              Originally posted by Sorry But Its Over View Post
              Awesome story. dredg has healed me a bit in ways too, got me through some hard times. Where in Jersey you from, wondering if I met you at a show before.
              Originally from Hudson County, but now living in Sussex County () for the time being. I was actually at the November 27 show when they were at Irving Plaza.
              A Drifter's Dream

Comment

Oh I'm more from the Southern Jersey/Philadelphia area. Never miss a show!

Comment

I've mentioned this before on this site and various times elsewhere to friends and family, but I'll repeat myself briefly:

Throughout my adolescent years I battled sleep paralysis multiple times a week. Sometimes it was flat out terrifying. I discovered dredg in 2001 from the industry demo for Interscope, and immediately loved every song. To my surprise when El Cielo was released, the entire album was built around the sleep paralysis condition and the various weird occurrences related to it - even down to the Dali painting and the ideas surrounding that. Reading the lyrics and booklet, as well as the experiences and discussions among many people here (well, the old sites), I became fascinated to find out what I was suffering from and how many people actually had the same condition.

I connected to El Cielo on a purely emotional and even spiritual level. I wasn't even 18 yet when it was released, and in addition to the whole sleep paralysis thing, I was going through a lot in my life at the time (who wasn't at that age?). As such, the album will always remind me of a solace I found and felt from listening to it and sharing it with the people I love and still love. As the years passed and even today, I still feel that connection and comfort. A lot of people now don't seem to understand why I and many others love this band and album so much, but I think myself and the others that connected with it all kind of "get" what the "big deal" is, and that's more than enough for me these days.
                  http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

^ Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading that. Got to know you a lot more too :]
                    [QUOTE=gtrplyr7;176776]I'll never stop looking for new music but I find the older I get, the less new music appeals to me and the more I end up going back to older stuff. I think everyone has that decade of music that they could really relate to. For me, it was the 90s...[/QUOTE]
                    [QUOTE=Gnomad;176814]I don't look for new or old music. I kind of just let it find me. I prefer it that way. I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to like certain things. It's all about being in the right setting and mood when you first hear it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

This thread's too heady for me.

Comment

someone had a great yoga session.

Comment

Catch Without Arms came out exactly when I needed it to and said exactly what I needed to hear. Actually, thats the case with all of their albums when i look back on it.
                          http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Dredg has never healed me.

I demand a refund!

Comment

I had a long walk a few days ago. When I came home my feet were sore. I took of my socks and put some dredg on my feet. It worked! My feet didn't hurt at all after that!

I recommend dredg for anyone with sore feet.

Comment

Working...
                              X