Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

What effect units do dredg use live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What effect units do dredg use live?

What effect pedals / rackmounts do dredg use live?
    www.audiri.com/head_joint

mark's pedalboard. granted, i'm not mark, i just took the photo.

Comment

I love how much delay he has... i love delay sooo much.
      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I love delay as well. For me there is nothing better than a little Delay, Reverb and Flanger\phaser combo.
        Originally posted by Ars Sycro
        I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

re: What effect units do you guys use live?

Can anyone tell me what the two equalizer do as far as sound wise??

Comment

I wish I had 6 delay pedals

Comment

Well, as you can see he has an a/b switch. So I would guess that one equalizer is used for one side (a) and vise versa (b). I might be wrong though.

...Or is that not an A/B Switch. Is it possibly his Channel selecter for Amp?

Comment

He sure does love his delay. I have one Digitech Digital Delay pedal and that's enough for me...then again, I only have an acoustic, so more isn't needed. But when I had an electric with an amp, I had that pedal, plus two processors. and delay was on the processors at all times. The pedal was for those instances when you REALLY wanted delay. I'm more for Chous than anything. I do however LOVE my Whammy pedal...even on my acoustic.

Added after 4 minutes:

And yeah...that's his channel selector. One EQ is regular EQ...the other is a Bass EQ...so I think that seems pretty much self-explanatory. Meant for the low end....as in say.....the end of Jamais Vu.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

OSC I'm not sure that what you think is true cause the right one is a bass equalizer (I use it for my bass guitar) and modifies lower frequencies that most of the left (guitar) equalizer buttons...

Comment

Ok, that makes sense. I guess I failed to notice that it was a Bass Equalizer. Thanks.

...and a bit of a side note. The setting on the DD-6 is pretty sweet. Tremlo Picking Galore.

Comment

The Marshall box says (if you could read it) "Channel" on left and "Reverb" on right. And I'm imagniing that the Ibanez Digital Delay pedal on the bottom left is the one that he uses for the echo part of "Tanbark", considering the look of the settings....

Comment

re: What effect units do you guys use live?

For those curious, here is what i am pretty sure the pedals in the photo are (thanks for the picture) from top left:
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Boss DD-6 (possibly DD-5) Digital Delay
                        Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
                        Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler
                        Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
                        Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
                        Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
                        Boss OC-2 Octave
                        Marshall ??? (footswitch of some kind)
                        Boss GE-7 Equalizer
                        Boss GEB-7 Bass Equalizer
                        Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        That's five delays...excellent
                        www.audiri.com/head_joint

Comment

Re: re: What effect units do you guys use live?

Originally posted by Victor Rivkin
                          For those curious, here is what i am pretty sure the pedals in the photo are (thanks for the picture) from top left:
                          Boss DD-6 (possibly DD-5) Digital Delay
                          Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
                          Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler
                          Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
                          Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
                          Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
                          Boss OC-2 Octave
                          Marshall ??? (footswitch of some kind)
                          Boss GE-7 Equalizer
                          Boss GEB-7 Bass Equalizer
                          Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
                          That's five delays...excellent
                          I'm assuming that's the DD-6 because the DD-5 requires a tap tempo pedal and I can't see one there. Also, the Marshall footswitch is for the JCM900. I know that Mark uses a JCM900... plus the footswitch looks identical to mine, and I own a 900 as well.

Nice selection of pedals there, not many wet effects but you dont hear much chorus/phaser type sounds in Dredg.

Comment

yeah, i have the digitech delay as well. i think i was talking to tool about it. right now im trying to save up for a line6 dl4- the green in the pic. btw tool what wah do you use? i was thinking about buying a budda, they play real nice, i was just wondering if there were others i should check. thanks.

Comment

I don't own a wah pedal. It's not really a sound I was ever inclined to use. I have a Digitech Whammy pedal...which is a pitchshifter. It's pretty sweet and probably the most fluid of any other whammy I've ever played through. A lot of others change tones kind of choppy.

Comment

Working...
                              X