Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

DVDs of recent shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDs of recent shows

I would love the Chico one and would pay good money for it.

Re: DVDs of recent shows

Originally posted by Coquette612 View Post
    I would love the Chico one and would pay good money for it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thehungover
    that sir would be illegal but yeah this show is pretty much done... just need to put some finishing touch's and will torrent (for free) one of these days...

Comment

Originally posted by hungover View Post
      that sir would be illegal but yeah this show is pretty much done... just need to put some finishing touch's and will torrent (for free) one of these days...

STOKED!

CANT WAIT.

Comment

Looking forward to that Chico DVD a lot. I've nearly finished the Bochum show too. Will torrent that too as soon as it's done.
        I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

I am happy to see you are progressing with those. Can't wait!
          Thank you, guys!
          Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

wouldn't really call it progressing when i haven't touched the shit in a couple weeks!

Comment

Whatever you call it, I am glad that it will be ready soon.

Comment

mark said i should sell this dvd and give them a cut from the sales... i might send it to someone to make some kick ass menu's and art work and we might set up a pre-order or some shit. was going to look into how much it will cost to get a couple hundred pressed.

Comment

if you do this, I will buy one! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bokkers View Post
                    Looking forward to that Chico DVD a lot. I've nearly finished the Bochum show too. Will torrent that too as soon as it's done.
                    Grand! I can't wait for that one!
                    We are all part of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by hungover View Post
                      mark said i should sell this dvd and give them a cut from the sales... i might send it to someone to make some kick ass menu's and art work and we might set up a pre-order or some shit. was going to look into how much it will cost to get a couple hundred pressed.
                      let me know if you need any help with the artwork
                      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                      you're pretty narcissistic
                      enjoy that, nobody else does.
                      Originally posted by Madklikor
                      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Totally agree with Mark
                        I always thought you guys do such a fantastic job on these DVDs and dredg are so great for being open for the records and pictures at their shows that both sides deserve to receive something in return. Plus they need the money and I guess you too.
                        So, yeah, I will buy a copy for sure and I'll promote it to lots of people as well.

How you plan to sell it - as a download or? As if you sell a DVD itself, you will have to thing about shipping, etc. Maybe you will sell it through dredg online shop? I guess you can also setup an online payment, like PayPal or something like that (I hate new PayPal regulations) and that way receive the right to download. But I am not sure how you can organiza that so people don't just give that link to other people. There should be a way, Marillion is great by selling so many recordings and live shows like that.
                        If i can help with something (then just buy and promote it), count me in.
                        Last edited by InfraredDream; September 14, 2009, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I'd totally buy it.
                          Originally posted by Gnomad
                          How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Is it a mental issue?

What's so cool about owning or having inferior quality performance strung as pearls? Shouldn't the average fan be able to figure out that these live performances are not quite what they seem to be? Pearls aren't that cheap anyway...

I guess what I'm trying to get at is:

Is it all in their heads (the ones who think owning and being able to hear, etc. live shows are hearing something unique)?

Honestly, as much as I love this band, they're boring live, and that's probably why I've never cared about most of their performances. Their live album is mediocre at best. Compare it to Nirvana, Pantera, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, etc. live albums. The reason they have live albums isn't because they know fans will buy them... it's because they actually sound good. Don't give me the, "well, Dredg isn't quite as classic as those bands" excuse because it won't work here.

Dredgs' live performances are HORRIBLE compared to their studio work.

Granted, I understand you guys just like following them around and praising them...

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Smoke a blunt or two and call me names in the morning.

But right now, I think I am making more sense than most of you have ever made.

"We just like the way they sound because it's so huge"/other responses like that are not informative. If they're "so huge," wouldn't you assume their albums would be better? I mean, if their albums were bigger than their live performances, it seems their live shows would be total crap. Maybe I'm thinking into it too much.

Just because you have fun at a live show doesn't mean it was "an awesome show." What makes an awesome show doesn't even include you. Once you wrap your head(s) around that, get back to me. Until then... take a teaspoon of heroin and a double shot of tequila. If you survive, let me know what you think about life. Typically, what makes a show awesome is the total experience. If the bands' music was a part of it, fine. If the lights were a part of it, fine. If the drugs/booze was/were a part of it, fine....

That doesn't justify over-reacting about a crappy performance and then misleading people to download shit shows. It makes most of you look like fucking idiots once true senses are aligned with reality.
                            Last edited by Ooga; September 15, 2009, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Ooga, I believe it is just you or you are in the minority. As most people I know love dredg live and use every opportunity to see them perform. This particular tour is even better then usual and the setlist is very strong. That's why I personally want to have at least one DVD to keep the memory of it.
                              Don't bother to answer me as I probably won't answer you as well. I just wanted to put the other point of view, just for the record

Comment

Working...
                              X