Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Dredg Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dredg Story

Originally posted by sextus View Post
    I posted something like this before CWA came out and thought I'd update it now with the new release. Does anyone think there is a continuous story linking the four LPs? A rather simplistic look at the albums certainly lends itself to this.

Leitmotif is the story of someone traveling on a spiritual journey that ends in a 90 Hour Sleep. That leads to El Cielo, an album about sleep paralysis which culminates in the lines, "I cannot find the other half" being sung over and over again to end the record. Then comes Catch Without Arms, an album about halves, about creating oneness from inherent opposites. This new found oneness may then lead the initial character to look at the current state of the world, and the entrance of its 7 billionth inhabitant, and comment on the fallacy and divisiveness of religion. This last bit, of course, is where The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion comes in.

The last connection, between CWA and TPTPTD, is a little harder to make, but I think it works. That said, I admittedly am trying to find connections here so I am probably more likely to make leaps of faith than if I were being totally subjective.

Thoughts?
    I think that kid below ya is a happy accident.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Re: The Dredg Story

i'm pretty sure the silence at the end of the album signifies the "other side"

that's probably where the next dredg album is headed. just a 58 minute continuous track of silence. and we'll all still be here proclaiming that this was a natural evolution for the band.
      Originally posted by vsd
      ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Working...
      X