Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The titular parrot refers to the famous fowls of Telegraph Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The titular parrot refers to the famous fowls of Telegraph Hill

Re: The titular parrot refers to the famous fowls of Telegraph Hill

Excellent read.

Comment

kick ass article... glad to see how strong the following is still in the bay area.
      Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

great article, cheers!
        We are all part of the problem

Comment

awesome article, I wish there were more like it
          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

very nice.

Comment

i just got off work and read this...such a good read! thanks for the treat. this makes me wish i could help support the band more somehow. i will be buying the vinyl as well as the cd so that'll do i guess
              Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Please don't break up!

Comment

Fantastic article (and well written)! Great to finally learn where "the parrot" came from.

Originally posted by prophetstyle View Post
                  ...this makes me wish i could help support the band more somehow. i will be buying the vinyl as well as the cd so that'll do i guess
                  I bought 2 CDs, a vinyl, a poster, and a shirt. I hope that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Awakenings420 View Post
                    Please don't break up!
                    they're not. i asked them in the chat on absolutepunk.net, i guess they're just saying they won't be able to do it full time anymore. which means they would have real jobs and only do dredg during down time.

Comment

so if it takes 4 years to get an album when they go at it full time, imagine how long it would take if they are only working on it a couple months out of the year.
                      Originally posted by vsd
                      ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
                        so if it takes 4 years to get an album when they go at it full time, imagine how long it would take if they are only working on it a couple months out of the year.
                        it took 4 years for many reasons. gavin having children, getting dropped by interscope and the band being perfectionists and taking so much time to get the album to be how they want it. i don't think it would take any longer to make an album if they were only doing it part time. probably just a lot less touring.

Comment

Wonderful one!
                          Thanks a lot for sharing it!
                          Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

That article made me kinda sad, although it was great. We need to do all we can to help this record sell.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                              it took 4 years for many reasons. gavin having children, getting dropped by interscope and the band being perfectionists and taking so much time to get the album to be how they want it. i don't think it would take any longer to make an album if they were only doing it part time. probably just a lot less touring.
                              touring is the only way to make money off of making music, though i see your point. it would be nice to hear more spontaneous music from them, rather than the "perfected" stuff that has been rewritten a hundred times over again.
                              Originally posted by vsd
                              ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Working...
                              X